3 hoursStart time
Start time: 1000h (10:00am)
Duration: 3 hours
You will be picked up from your hotel in Budapest. (Please advise your hotel at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now please contact the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to the tour start time and give them this information).Ending Point
The tour ends at Erzsébet Square
This coach tour with audio commentary provides the perfect introduction to Budapest. Some of the famous landmarks that you will see are the Opera House, Hero’s Square and the Elizabeth bridge, which is a gleaming white suspension bridge north-east of Gellert Hill. The Millennium Memorial has statues of the leaders of the seven tribes that founded Hungary in the 9th century and of other outstanding figures of Hungarian history. Some of the carvings on the Matthias Church, also included in this tour, date back about 500 years.
You will be picked up from your hotel and travel in a coach/mini bus to see some of the major landmarks in the city.
You will start off in the Pest area where you will visit:
• The Opera House: Designed and built in Renaissance style, it is a richly-decorated building and is considered one of the best opera houses in the world.
• Hero’s Square: One of the major squares of Budapest with two important buildings, The Museum of Fine Arts on the left and The Palace of Art (or Art Exhibition Museum) on the right.
• Millennium Memorial: There will be a short photo stop here. The central site of Hero’s Square, the Millennium Memorial has statues of the leaders of the seven tribes that founded Hungary in the 9th century.
Continue to downtown where you will visit:
• Elizabeth Bridge: Connects Buda and Pest across the River Danube.
• View from Gellért Hill: There will be a short photo stop here. Rising steeply above the capital, Gellért Hill (Gellért- hegy) seems like a huge cliff, even though it is only 140 metres (430 feet) above the level of the river. Due to its height, it offers a peerless panorama of the entire city.
• The Castle District: Enjoy a short guided walk of this area.
• Matthias Church: You will see it from the outside. This Gothic-style church was constructed between the 13th and the 15th centuries. Named after the greatest Hungarian king, Matthias Corvinus, many coronations have taken place here.
• Fishermen’s Bastion: It was built as a viewing platform in 1905.
• Margaret Bridge: Connecting Buda and Pest across the Danube, it is the second oldest public bridge in Budapest.
• Parliament: You will see it from the outside. Inspired in part by the Palace of Westminster, its white Neo-Gothic turrets and arches stretch for over 250 metres along the Danube embankment.
The tour ends at Erzsebet Square.
Please call the tour operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming the departure details.
01 Apr - 31 Oct: Hotel pick up in a cabriolet
01 Nov - 31 Mar: Hotel pick-up in a closed bus
The confirmation voucher contains the local activity operators contact details. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have.
Commentary via headphones is available in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Hungarian, Japanese, Swedish, Finnish, Hebrew and Dutch.
It was a dedicated group tour that started at 8 am for three hours. The guide was a great guy; very friendly and knowledgeable. He was also very patient with some of our...
Was a lovely tour, Budapest is so beautiful and a must place to visit!! Me and my family will be returning!!! Amazing!!!...
We were collected punctually from the hotel in spite of the fact that there were only my wife and myself booked for this tour. The tour leader gave us a lot of information about...
Venture into salt mines, ice caves and fortresses in these storybook surrounds
The post 7 Spellbinding Sights A Stones-Throw Away From Salzburg appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
What you don’t know about Europe’s beautiful and brutal city
Magic has no bounds so why should Disney?
The post The Most Magical Hotels To Stay In At Disneyland® Paris appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.