Built between 1885 and 1902, it was at that time the largest parliamentary building in the world. The Parliament house contains more than 12 miles (20 kilometers) of staircase, and over 690 rooms. The main style of the building is Neo-Gothic with Renaissance influences, but the base ground plan is Baroque. A strong Byzantine influence is noticeable in the interior of the building, especially in the marvelously decorated staircase hall.
4 hoursStart time
Pick up from your hotel. (Please mention your hotel name and address at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, our customer service executives will get in touch and confirm the details)
The tour ends outside the Parliament Building in Budapest
You will be picked up from your hotel and travel in a mini bus to see some of the major landmarks in the city.
The highlights of this tour are:
• Opera House: Designed and built in Renaissance style, it is a richly-decorated building and is considered one of the best opera houses in the world.
• Hero’s Square: One of the major squares of Budapest with two important buildings, Museum of Fine Arts on the left and Palace of Art (or Art Exhibition Museum) on the right.
• Millennium Memorial: There will be a short photo stop here. The central site of Hero’s square, the Millennium Memorial has statues of the leaders of the seven tribes that founded Hungary in the 9th century.
• Elizabeth Bridge: Connects Buda and Pest across the River Danube.
• Panorama to the Danube Bank with the famous public buildings
• View from Gellért Hill: There will be a short photo stop here. Rising steeply above the capital, Gellért Hill (Gellért- hegy) seems like a huge cliff, even though it is only 140 metres (430 feet) above the level of the river. Due to its height, it offers a peerless panorama of the entire city.
• Walk in the castle district
• Matthias Church: Which you will see from outside. This Gothic-style church was constructed between the 13th and the 15th centuries. Named after the greatest Hungarian king, Matthias Corvinus, many coronations have taken place here.
• Fishermen’s Bastion: It was built as a viewing platform in 1905.
• Margaret Bridge: Connecting Buda and Pest across the Danube. It is the second northernmost and second oldest public bridge in Budapest.
• Parliament: First you will go around the building on the bus, then enter the building to see the magnificent Neo-Gothic chambers and staircases. This building is home to the Holy Crown of Hungary. (Please note: Parliament reserves the right to stop visitors without notice during special events).
The tour ends in front of the Parliament.
Please call the tour operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming the departure details.
Parliament reserve the right to stop entry without notice during special events.
01 Apr - 31 Oct: Hotel pick up in a cabriolet
01 Nov - 31 Mar: Hotel pick-up in a closed bus
EU nationals booking an EU ticket must carry your respective identity proof along, the same would be checked at the time of entrance. The entry to the attraction can be denied by authorities incase ticket booked and ID proof do not match.
Our guide showed us around Budapest andtold us the history of Budapest. He made our entry into Parliament House easy and then picked us up after. The tour of Parliament House was...MRS MAUREEN J. JAGO, Australia
Delightful tour guide,which made the tour interesting and fun....Diana P Llewellin, Australia
From our first telephone contact we were impressed. Friendly, efficient staff who spoke excellent English. The tour was excellent and our guide Peter was very knowledgeable...Mr George Elwood, United Kingdom
Wonderful experience, a recommended tour
Tokyo highs, see the Autumn colours!
Give thanks & keep on trekkin'!
The post What I’m Thankful for this Thanksgiving Celebration 2019: The Travel Edition appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
No excuses not to travel solo now!!
The post 5 Reasons Why Travelling By Yourself Is A Good Idea appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Isango is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’. Think of us as your gateway to the world.
“Isango” is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’; think of us as your gateway to the world.isango! is a specialist retailer of tours, experiences and attraction tickets. We work across 300+ destinations with more than 10,000 experiences to choose from. Working alongside the best local operators from around the world, we curate travel content, products and services, ensuring our customers are well informed and easily able to choose the right experience for them. We deliver only the best to our customers, with all isango! products handpicked by our expert travel team.Love Orlando Tickets Paris Magic Moments Continue reading