01 Apr - 31 Oct: Daily
01 Nov - 31 Mar: Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
Approx. 10.5 hoursStart time
Start time: 0815h (08:15am)
Duration: Approx. 10.5 hours
The tour starts from KEY TOURS Terminal, 26 Athanasiou Diakou street, Athens.
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
The tour ends at the starting point
The Sanctuary of Apollo, the defining landmark of Delphi, still evokes the same awe as it did years ago when kings, rulers and the common men came to hear the prophesies of the Oracle. The impressive sites of the Sanctuary are the Temple of Apollo, (where the Oracle would have sat), the gymnasium, and the ancient theatre. Explore the Archaeological Museum to get further insights into a civilization that shaped the future of humanity.
An English-speaking guide will accompany you on this tour and taken in an air-conditioned coach for a sightseeing tour of ancient Delphi, located about 180 kilometers northwest of Athens.
Follow the national highway passing by Thebes with a short stop in Levadia.
At the archaeological site of Delphi you will visit:
• Castalia Spring: The scared spring of Delphi lies between the Phaedriades and was the place where all visitors to Delphi stopped to wash their hair. This is also where Apollo killed the monster, Python, and that is why it was considered to be sacred.
• Sanctuary of Apollo: The religious center of the Greek world between the 6th to the 4th century B.C., the Sanctuary of Apollo is a compellingly beautiful place. People came from far and wide to consult the famous Delphi oracle who made prophesies that influenced voyages, coronations, wars and even business transactions.
• Archaeological Museum: The Archaeological Museum houses several spectacular ancient Greek artifacts from the excavations at Delphi. Among the exhibits are the Naxian Sphinx, the Statue of Antinoos, omphalos, the sculptured cone that stood in the exact center of the world and the famous bronze statue of the Charioteer, one of the most celebrated pieces of ancient art in the world.
There will be a stop for lunch at a local restaurant.
After lunch you will return to Athens but not before a short stop via the picturesque mountain village of Arachova, which is built on the south slopes of the Parnassus Mountain and well known for its attractive hand-woven carpets, rugs and quilts, as well as for its wine and cheese.
At the end of the tour, you will be dropped back at the tour’s starting point in Athens.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details.
This tour will available in following languages according to availability from summer 2018 onwards-
• It operates daily in English language.
• It operates daily except thursday and saturday in French language.
• It will be operational on every Thursday (from 1 April 18 to 27 Oct 18 )in case of italian Language.
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have.
The verdict is in.
Sorting your Father's Day dilemma
It's a Grand Canyon indeed!
Isango is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’. Think of us as your gateway to the world.
“Isango” is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’; think of us as your gateway to the world.isango! is a specialist retailer of tours, experiences and attraction tickets. We work across 300+ destinations with more than 10,000 experiences to choose from. Working alongside the best local operators from around the world, we curate travel content, products and services, ensuring our customers are well informed and easily able to choose the right experience for them. We deliver only the best to our customers, with all isango! products handpicked by our expert travel team.Love Orlando Tickets Paris Magic Moments Continue reading