Learn in depth about Hitler and World War II on this walking tour of the Third Reich sites in Berlin. Start in the heart of West Berlin before the cragged spire of the bombed out Memorial Church, get a full description of the ferocity of the Allied bombing campaign and the defence of the Nazi Reich Capital.
At the site of the Führer Bunker, listen as your guide gives you a step-by-step account of Hitler’s suicide and his last days in the bunker. The guide tells you in detail about Post Great War Germany, the Nazi's rise to power, Hitler's ‘Lebensraum’ Policy and Europe's subsequent destruction.
This tour is a treat for history lovers!
The tour starts from the McDonald’s opposite the main entrance to Zoo U-Bahn Station at 1000h (10:00am). Accompanied by a guide, you will embark on a walking tour to visit the following sites:
• Memorial Church: Built between 1891 and 1895 by Kaiser Wilhelm II, the church was a symbol of Prussian unity and a mark of honour for his grandfather, Kaiser Wilhem I. The damaged tower is Berlin’s resolution to rebuild the city after the war.
• Cross of Coventry
• Site of Goebbel’s Propaganda Ministry
• Ruins of Himmler’s SS and Gestapo head quarters
• Stroll along the North-South axis of ‘Germania’ designed by Albert Speer, from the towering Great Hall to the monumental arch.
• Site of Hitler’s New Reich Chancellery
• Führer Bunker
• Follow the route of the Soviet attack towards the final battlefield for the Reichstag and stop before the Soviet Memorial flanked with T34 tanks and Red Army Howitzers.
The tour concludes in U-Bahn station Mohrenstrasse at 1400h (2:00pm).
We had a private personalized tour which was great having that one on one conversations. Our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and passionate about the history of Berlin and...Mr Anthony J Bell
Excellent tour that takes you to the sites of some of the most important and infamous buildings and places in modern history.I have been interested in the Second World War since...G A Macindoe
Our guide Nigel was fantastic and we had an unforgettable journey back in time!...Minna Henriksson
Tour with English speaking Guide:
All Year: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
Tour with Spanish speaking Guide:
01 Mar - 06 Jan: Monday & Friday
Start time: 1000h (10:00am)
Duration: 4 hours
Tour starts from McDonald's restaurant opposite the main entrance to Zoo U-Bahn Station.(U-Bahn Red U2 line and Orange U9 line will stop at Zoo Station.)
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
Tour returns to your original point of departure
Please call the activity operator for any logistical query you may have.
You will need a rail pass to travel between sites and this is not included in the price. You can buy a ticket from the tour guide for approximately approx EUR2.00.
See the Cancellation policy for this product