On this low-cost tour you will make the most of your day in Brussels. The city is renowned for its heavenly chocolate and this is your chance to get friendly with the mouth-watering trade. Visit local chocolateries, sample some fine chocolate and see how the delicious treats are made.
On this tour you will also see the main tourist attractions of Brussels; the modern EU buildings as well as the old-world architecture of the palaces and the royal residences.
Hear the story behind the awe-inspiring, medieval Grand Place and its intricate guildhalls. Top it all off with a visit to a workshop making the world-famous, oh-so-delicate Brussels lace.
You will be picked up from your centrally located hotel or Rue de la Colline 8. Enjoy this tour accompanied by a multilingual guide.
• Start with a short walk to the famous Grand Place and hear about the history of the remarkable City Hall and quaint guild houses.
• Attend a workshop at Planete Chocolat where you will be given a demonstration on preparing chocolate. Sample some of the delicious handmade chocolates.
• Board the coach and drive past the beautiful St. Michael’s cathedral, Congress-column and the Heysel district where you will see the Atomium
• Marvel at the sight of the Chinese Pavilion and the Japanese Tower.
• Pass the Royal Residence and return into the city center to see the Sablon district dotted with countless antique dealer shops.
• Stop to visit a workshop to admire Brussels' world-famous lace and learn about this age-old local craft.
• Drive past the magnificent Palace of Justice and see the fashionable Louise Square.
• Pass the stately Royal Square, the Royal Palace and the Houses of Parliament.
• Arrive in the Cinquantenaire district and see The Triumphal Arch, exceptional museums and splendid Art Nouveau houses.
• The Cinquantenaire district is also the heart of the European Union. See the imposing EU buildings housing the Commission, the European Parliament and the Council of Ministers.
The tour ends at Rue de la Colline 8.
I had a wonderful time on the City Tour! I toured the city on foot the day before and didn´t realize how much I had missed until I went on this tour. The explanations of... Kristen Hazel Sheppard
04 Nov 13 - 03 Apr 14: Thursday & Saturday
04 Apr 14 - 02 Nov 14: Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
03 Nov 14 - 31 Mar 15: Saturday
Start time: 1400h (2:00pm)
Duration: 3.5 hours
Your hotel in Brussels if it is centrally located.
(Please advise your hotel at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 24 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details.)
Alternatively you may join the tour from Rue de la Colline 8.
Tour ends at Rue de la Colline 8.
Please call the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour to confirm the departure details.
Pick up from the hotel is approximately 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
In case you need to be picked up from your hotel near the airport additional fee of € 5 applies (paid locally).
See the Cancellation policy for this product