Your Vienna Segway Tour will start from the corner of Opernring and Operngasse. You will meet your guide and spend about 40 minutes getting used to your Segway personal transporter.
The Segway is a self-balancing personal vehicle related to a scooter, designed to operate in any pedestrian environment. The machine is sensitive to the motions of the rider – leaning forward makes the device go forward, leaning back will make it go in reverse. It’s fun to ride and a great way to get around town.
When you are comfortable with your Segway, you will set off with your guide for an exciting sightseeing tour. All the attractions will be viewed from the outside only.
You will glide along the tree-lined Ringstrasse and see the following city landmarks:
• Museum of Applied Art (MAK):The museum houses works of Renaissance masters and also of contemporary artists.
• State Opera House: The Vienna State Opera is one of the foremost opera houses in the world. It enjoys a world-wide reputation for its first-class opera performances and is also home of the celebrated Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra.
• Museum of Fine Arts: This museum houses some of the most important art collections in the world.
• Natural History Museum: This magnificent 19th century building was constructed to house the huge scientific collections of the Hapsburgs. A highlight of the present day collection is the 25,000 year-old Venus of Willendorf statuette.
• Museum Quarter: One of the 10 largest cultural complexes in the world, the Museum Quarter offers a cultural experience that encompasses a cultural archive, a place for experimentation, and an urban recreation centre.
• Hofburg Palace: The Hofburg was originally a medieval castle, but was later extended to a magnificent residence when the Habsburg's power increased.
• Parliament House: The design of the building is a mix of neo-Renaissance and classical Greek architecture.
• Burgtheatre: The Burgtheatre is the Austrian national theatre and Europe’s largest theater for drama.
Your route also takes you past the Rathaus (City Hall) and the golden Mozart statue in Stadtpark as well as through fresh green parks and along the narrow lanes of Vienna’s old town.
At the end of the tour you will return to your original point of departure.