Re-live one of the best-loved movies of all time on the highly-acclaimed Sound of Music tour.
The Sound of Music movie still touches the chords of people the world over. See the original film locations and relive the true story of the von Trapp family on the Sound of Music Tour.
Enjoy the spectacular views of the scenic countryside as you drive from one location to the other. The locations you will visit include the gardens where “do-re-mi” were filmed and the church where Maria married the Baron.
You will travel by coach accompanied by a guide. Your favorite songs from the Sound of Music will be played on the coach and singalongs are actively encouraged!
You will visit the following sites:
• Mirabell Gardens: The gardens were laid out in the 18th century. Maria and the children were seen dancing around the statue of Pegasus, the winged horse, and throughout the gardens singing 'Do-Re-Mi'.
• Leopoldskron Palace: This was used in the movie as the von Trapp family home. It was here the children while boating fell into the Leopoldskron Lake. The Venetian room was copied from the castle and used as the ballroom.
• Hellbrun Castle: The castle was built in the early 17th century by Prince-Archbishop Markus Sittikus. The glass pavilion was reconstructed to cater to the tourists who still return here after 30 years since the movie was shot.
• Nonnberg Abbey: This is the oldest convent in the German speaking part of Europe. Maria and the baron were married here in 1927.
• St. Gilgen and Lake Wolfgang: The beginning of the movie was filmed at Lake Fuschl on the way to St Gilgen. Like the Mozart family, visitors from all over the world appreciate the beautiful village in the Salzkammergut.
• Wedding Church Mondsee: The film-wedding between Julie Andrews as Maria and Christopher Plummer as the Baron took place here.
The tour ends at Mirabellplatz.
Really, really good tour. So knowledgeable and filled in gaps. Got the bus rocking to do-re-me!...H J HODGSON
Could not fault the tour at all.Peter our guide was superb,his vast amount of information and jokes were pure joy!!I would highly recommend this trip....MRS S M MILNE
Our family of five had a wonderful day on his tour. The tour guide was so knowledgeable and made It a really fun day with lots of interesting information, music and jokes....Mrs E Marchbank
Start time: 0915h (09:15am) and 1400h (2:00pm)
Duration: 4 hours
Pick up from city hotels 20 minutes prior to the tour start time. (Please see below note if you are staying in a hotel located in the pedestrian zone.
(Please advise your hotel at the time of booking. If your hotel is not a pick-up location, you will be advised of the closest pick-up point.)
For hotels located in the old town and pedestrian zone in Salzburg: You will be picked up from Michaeli Tor (next to the rising bollards), near Mozartplatz, which is just a short walk from these hotels. Please be there 30 minutes prior tour departure, this applies to: ABC Hotel, Hotel am Dom, Pension Chiemsee, Hotel Elefant, Goldene Ente, Kasererbräu, Stadtalm, Weisse Taube, Hotel Wolf.
For the following hotels no complimentary pick-up is possible. Please meet us directly at the Bus-terminal, Mirabellplatz, right in front of St. Andrä Church: Trumer Stube, Hotel Stadtkrug, St. Sebastian, Junger Fuchs, Goldene Krone, Star Inn Gablerbräu, Arte Vida Hotel, Altstadthotel Amadeus, Schwarzes Rössl.
Tour ends at Bus-terminal, Mirabellplatz.
Please call the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour to confirm the departure.
Voucher information: No need to print! If you are travelling with a smartphone or tablet you can present your voucher on your device for this activity.
See the Cancellation policy for this product