Re-live one of the best-loved movies of all time on the highly-acclaimed Sound of Music tour.
The Sound of Music movie still touches the chords of people the world over. See the original film locations and relive the true story of the von Trapp family on the Sound of Music Tour.
Enjoy the spectacular views of the scenic countryside as you drive from one location to the other. The locations you will visit include the gardens where “do-re-mi” were filmed and the church where Maria married the Baron.
You will travel by coach accompanied by a guide. Your favorite songs from the Sound of Music will be played on the coach and singalongs are actively encouraged!
You will visit the following sites:
• Mirabell Gardens: The gardens were laid out in the 18th century. Maria and the children were seen dancing around the statue of Pegasus, the winged horse, and throughout the gardens singing 'Do-Re-Mi'.
• Leopoldskron Palace: This was used in the movie as the von Trapp family home. It was here the children while boating fell into the Leopoldskron Lake. The Venetian room was copied from the castle and used as the ballroom.
• Hellbrun Castle: The castle was built in the early 17th century by Prince-Archbishop Markus Sittikus. The glass pavilion was reconstructed to cater to the tourists who still return here after 30 years since the movie was shot.
• Nonnberg Abbey: This is the oldest convent in the German speaking part of Europe. Maria and the baron were married here in 1927.
• St. Gilgen and Lake Wolfgang: The beginning of the movie was filmed at Lake Fuschl on the way to St Gilgen. Like the Mozart family, visitors from all over the world appreciate the beautiful village in the Salzkammergut.
• Wedding Church Mondsee: The film-wedding between Julie Andrews as Maria and Christopher Plummer as the Baron took place here.
The tour ends at Mirabellplatz.
We had a great time, mostly because our tour guide was SO fun! He made what could have been a really cheesy script really funny, and we learned a lot about our surroundings, not...Christina Ankeney
Fabulous fun for ourselves and our children. We will now be able to watch the movie and point out where we have been....Mrs Amanda K Lukies
My husband and I really enjoyed the Sound of Music Tour. Our tourgide Peter and driver Ferdinand were an excelent team. We were pleasantly surprised to learn not only all about...Clare Dalby
9:15am & 2:00pm
Bus-terminal, Mirabellplatz, right in front of St. Andrä Church.
(Please reach atleast 15 minutes prior to tour start time.)
Tour ends at Bus-terminal, Mirabellplatz.
Please call the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour to confirm the departure.
Voucher information: No need to print! If you are travelling with a smartphone or tablet you can present your voucher on your device for this activity.
See the Cancellation policy for this product