There are three options for your Salzburg Hop-On Hop-Off City Tour: 1 Day Bus Tour, 2 Day Bus Tour and 1 Day Combined Bus and Boat Tour.
1 Day Bus Tour:
This tour is the perfect introduction to Salzburg. Your ticket is valid for 1 day, which will show you all the main attractions. You can join the tour at any of the stops and redeem your voucher as you board the vehicle. The tour starts at Mirabellplatz 2, next to Mirabell Gardens and University Mozarteum.
On this sightseeing tour, you will travel in a comfortable coach. As you go along, you can enjoy an informative commentary in seven different languages: German, English, Italian, French, Spain, Russian and Japanese.
Below is list of the 12 stops and some points of interest associated with each.
1. Mirabellplatz (Mozarteum): The stop for the splendid baroque Mirabell Palace and Gardens, and also for the Mozart Square with Mozart Statue and Mozart's Residence – a museum housed in the apartment where the composer and his family lived for a time in Salzburg
2. Ferdinand-Hanuschplatz: Embarcation Point for Salzburg River Cruise and Footpath to the Old Town of Salzburg
3. Herbert-von-Karajan Platz: The stop for Horse Pond, Festival Hall/House of Mozart and St. Peter's Abbey – founded 1300 years ago and one of the most interesting city churches. Also for Mozart’s Birthplace – the apartment where Mozart was born, and where the Mozart family lived for 26 years
4. Stiegl Brauwelt: Stiegl World of Beer Museum – Austria’s only beer museum
5. Schloss Leopoldskron: Leopoldskron Palace – a rococo palace and national monument
6. Alpensiedlung Süd Park and Ride: The embarcation point for Salzburg City Cruise
7. Schloss Hellbrunn: The stop for Hellbrunn Palace, a 400 year old Summer Palace known for its trick fountains, also for the glass Gazebo used in Sound of Music and for Salzburg Zoo
8. Gwandhaus: Gwandhaus is Salzburg’s convention center
9. Nonntal: The stop for Nonnberg Abbey – the oldest women's religious house in the German-speaking world. Footpath to Fortress Hohensalzburg, the 900-year-old fortress that is the city's chief landmark and the biggest and most fully-preserved fortification in Europe
10. Mozartsteg (Imbergstr.): Capuchin Mountain and Monastery, where you can see some of the best views of Salzburg and surroundings
11. Mirabellplatz (Andräkirche): The stop for the neo-gothic St. Andrew's Church, Mirabell Palace and Gardens
12. Salzburg Main Station: Central Station of Salzburg, Statue of the Empress Elisabeth
You can choose to leave the coach at any point before the expiry of your 1 day ticket.
2 Day Bus Tour:
This tour follows the same route as the above but your ticket is valid for a full 2 days.
You can hop off the bus just as you like to go sightseeing and rejoin the tour at your convenience.
1 Day Combined Bus and Boat Tour:
This is the same as the 24-Hour Bus Tour but from May to September you can enjoy the extra pleasure of a boat cruise on the Salzach river.
The boat 'Amadeus Salzburg' is a highly modern cruise boat with a 68 passenger seating capacity. Its unique one-of-a -kind design with spacious windows allows for magnificent panoramic views. An informative commentary is available in three languages (German, English, and Italian).
The boat cruise leaves hourly from Hanuschplatz/Markartsteg from 1100h (11:00am) to 1700h (5:00pm) and the trip takes 40 minutes.
Your Combined Bus and Boat Tour ends at your convenience.