Enjoy a private tour of the landmarks associated with the film ‘The Sound of Music’. The movie still touches the chords of the people the world over. See the original film locations and relive the true story of the von Trapp family, featured in the film. Enjoy the spectacular views of the scenic countryside as you drive from one location to the other. Also see the historical and architectural landmarks in the city and some of the beautiful lakes and mountains in the area.
You will be picked up from your hotel and taken for this private sightseeing tour in an air conditioned vehicle, as per your convenience. You will be taken to see the sites that were used in the film The Original Sound of Music Tour. Your driver is also your multilingual guide for the tour.
• Mirabell Gardens: The gardens were laid out in the 18th century. Maria and the children were seen dancing around the statue of Pegasus, the winged horse, and throughout the gardens singing 'Do-Re-Mi'.
• Leopoldskron Palace: This was used in the movie as the von Trapp family home. It was here the children while boating fell into the Leopoldskron Lake. The Venetian room was copied from the castle and used as the ballroom.
• Hellbrun Castle: The castle was built in the early 17th century by Prince-Archbishop Markus Sittikus. The glass pavilion was reconstructed to cater to the tourists who still return here after 30 years since the movie was shot.
• Nonnberg Abbey: This is the oldest convent in the German speaking part of Europe. Maria and the baron were married here in 1927.
• St. Gilgen and Lake Wolfgang: The beginning of the movie was filmed at Lake Fuschl on the way to St Gilgen. Visitors from all over the world appreciate the beautiful village in the Salzkammergut.
• Wedding Church Mondsee: The film-wedding between Julie Andrews as Maria and Christopher Plummer as the Baron took place here.
At the end of the tour, you will be dropped off to your hotel.
The Bergland in Salzburg was our favourite stop of our entire European vacation. The staff was friendly and helpful, ensuring we had umbrellas for the rain and finding bike...Olivia Condon
In October 2013 my wife and I visited Salzburg, Austria and booked Panorama Tours & Travel's Original Sound of Music Private Tour with Helen as our guide and driver. It was a...Mark A Hoy
Start time: Flexible
Pick up from city hotels 20 minutes prior to the tour start time. (Please see below note if you are staying in a hotel located in the pedestrian zone.
(Please advise your hotel at the time of booking. If your hotel is not a pick-up location, you will be advised of the closest pick-up point.)
For hotels located in the old town and pedestrian zone in Salzburg: You will be picked up from Michaeli Tor (next to the rising bollards), near Mozartplatz, which is just a short walk from these hotels. Please be there 30 minutes prior tour departure, this applies to: ABC Hotel, Hotel am Dom, Pension Chiemsee, Hotel Elefant, Goldene Ente, Kasererbräu, Stadtalm, Weisse Taube, Hotel Wolf.
For the following hotels no complimentary pick-up is possible. Please meet us directly at the Bus-terminal, Mirabellplatz, right in front of St. Andrä Church: Trumer Stube, Hotel Stadtkrug, St. Sebastian, Junger Fuchs, Goldene Krone, Star Inn Gablerbräu, Arte Vida Hotel, Altstadthotel Amadeus, Schwarzes Rössl.
Your hotel in Salzburg.
Please call the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour to confirm the departure details.
Please provide your preferred start time at the time of booking.
Voucher information: No need to print! If you are travelling with a smartphone or tablet you can present your voucher on your device for this activity.
See the Cancellation policy for this product