Explore the City by the Bay at your own pace with a fun, flexible Big Bus San Francisco 24 Hour Ticket. Your great-value package also includes three free walking tours.
From the vantage point of a double-decker bus you get great views of the stunning attractions of San Francisco, such as the Golden Gate Bridge.
While you take in the sights, an experienced guide will provide you with an entertaining commentary in English. Or you can listen to a recorded commentary in a choice of 10 languages.
The hop-on, hop-off facility lets you explore all the sights at your leisure. There are 20 locations where you can get off the bus to visit attractions and monuments.
Hop-on Hop-Off Stops Includes:
1. Fisherman’s Wharf - Mason at Jefferson Street
2. Fisherman’s Wharf - Taylor at Beach Street
3. Washington Square - Columbus at Union Street, southwest corner
4. Financial District - Clay and Battery, northeast corner
5. Union Square, across from Macys
6. Hilton Hotel - Mason Street at corner of Ellis
7. Civic Center - Asian Art Museum, on Larkin Street
8. Fulton Street at Inn at the Opera on Fulton at Franklin Street
9. Alamo Square - Fell Street at the corner of Divisadero
10. Haight and Ashbury - Stanyan and Haight Street, across from McDonalds
11. Golden Gate Park - Music Concourse in front of the Academy of Sciences
12. Golden Gate Bridge - South Vista Point
13. Golden Gate Bridge - North Vista Point
14. Palace of Fine Arts - Richardson at Francisco Street
15. Lombard and Filmore Street, southwest corner
16. Lombard and Gough Street, southeast corner
17. Union Square - Post Street at Powell, in front of Westin St. Francis
18. Gates to Chinatown - Grant at Bush Street, in front of the Triton Hotel
19. Steuart Street, in front of Harbor Court Hotel
20. Pier 39
With this flexible tour you can leave and re-board the buses at your own convenience within the 24-hour validity period of your ticket. Of course, you are welcome to remain on the bus for the whole of the tour if you wish. The full loop takes 2.5 hours.
Free Walking Tours:
A qualified guide will lead you on a delightful stroll through one of San Francisco's famous areas and provide special insights into the local history and culture.
Hop off the bus at Union Square South for a guided walk through the world famous San Francisco Chinatown. See the magnificent gates, the busy marketplace and the vibrant mix of historical and modern day culture. You will be shown the best places for authentic Chinese tea, dim sum, herbs and the fascinating fortune cookie factory.
The Chinatown walk starts at Stop 6: Union Square South and is available twice a day at 11:00am and 3:00pm. The walk lasts approximately 1.5 hours and finishes at North Beach, Little Italy.
North Beach Walk:
Join us at North Beach, Little Italy for a historic tour of San Francisco’s eclectic North Beach district. This guided journey through Little Italy will open your eyes to the splendor of Washington Square, the incredible St Peter and Paul Church, and will provide a taste of the bohemian lifestyle that inspired so many gifted San Franciscans of previous generations.
The North Beach walk starts at Stop 3 and is available twice a day: at 12:30pm and 4:30pm. The walk lasts approximately 1 hour and finishes at Washington Square.
Barbary Coast Walk
Enjoy a walk through what used to be San Francisco’s notorious Barbary Coast. The tour takes you through a nine-block radius of what was once the haunt of the low and vile. Hear about San Francisco’s small beginnings, its boom-town growth (California Gold Rush) and the end of The Barbary Coast due to the Red Light Abatement Act.
Your guide will take you through the present Financial District allowing you to see remnants of the past such as an old ship mast, passageways used for Shanghaiing and the hang outs of famous literary writers Mark Twain, Jack London, Ambrose Bierce, and Frank Norris.
The walk starts and finishes at Stop 4 and lasts for 1 hour.