You will be picked up in an air-conditioned coach from your hotel in Dubai and taken to for a sightseeing tour of Dubai.
From being a small trading centre just 40 years ago, Dubai is now acclaimed as an international travel hub, business powerhouse and a tourist destination. A combination of traditional souks, modern malls and seven star hotels welcomes you to this enchanting city. Accompanied by an English/ German/ Spanish/ French-speaking guide, you will be taken to the following sites:
• Visit the aromatic Deira Spice Souk once known as the old souk, which has tiny shops selling a variety of spices. While in the souk, you can take some time out to observe the architecture of the wind-tower.
• Once in Dubai, the most famous market of all, the Gold Souk is a must visit. Walk down the narrow lanes lined with shops glinting with bracelets, necklaces, earrings and gold bars.
• One of the most picturesque areas in Dubai is the Bastakia Quarter. Walk along its refreshingly beautiful waterfront that is lined with a number of traditional wind-tower houses.
• To get a brief idea about Dubai’s traditions, culture and history, visit the Dubai History Museum in the 19th century Al-Fahidi Fort. The fort was once the seat of the government. You can observe displays of traditional boats, weapons, wind-tower houses and watch a multimedia presentation on the history and development of the city.
• Your last stop is the magnificent Jumeirah mosque, an architectural masterpiece. It looks splendid especially in the evenings when its sparkling lights stand out in the darkness.
After spending the day exploring landmarks in the city of Dubai, its time to satiate those hunger pangs. Enjoy a traditional lunch in style at the world’s most luxurious hotel, the Burj Al Arab. Designed to resemble a billowing sail, the hotel soars to a height of 321 metres, dominating the Dubai coastline. It’s a great place to enjoy views of the Persian Gulf while savouring your meal in a relaxed ambience.
After a sumptuous lunch at Burj Al Arab, you will be dropped back to your hotel in Dubai.