Welcome to the world’s favourite shopping destination- Dubai. Renowned for its traditional souks, modern malls and the world’s only seven-star hotel, this Dubai sightseeing tour gives you a glimpse into its colourful culture, traditions and history. Enjoy the best of fine dining with a sumptuous lunch at Dubai’s quintessential Burj Al Arab hotel.
A trip to its famous Gold Souk lined with shops glinting with gold jewellery is a must-do! Amidst the busy cosmopolitan city, explore the Bastakia Quarter where the old world charm is still alive and the Jumeirah Mosque, which is a fine example of modern architecture.
The local culture is best explored at the souks and of course, the Dubai History Museum inside the Al-Fahidi Fort. Learn about Dubai’s colourful traditions and history while observing the artefacts. Shopping, culture, history - your Dubai city tour will be exciting!
You will be picked up in an air-conditioned coach from your hotel in Dubai and taken through the city to see the famous landmarks.
From being a small trading centre just 40 years ago, Dubai is now acclaimed as an international travel hub, business powerhouse and a tourist destination. A combination of traditional souks, modern malls and seven star hotels welcome you to this enchanting city. Accompanied by an English/ German/ Spanish/ French-speaking guide, you will be taken to the following sites:
• Visit the aromatic Deira Spice Souk once known as the old souk, which has tiny shops selling a variety of spices. While in the souk, you can take some time out to observe the architecture of the wind-tower.
• Once in Dubai, the most famous market of all, the Gold Souk is a must visit. Walk down the narrow lanes lined with shops glinting with bracelets, necklaces, earrings and gold bars.
• One of the most picturesque areas in Dubai is the Bastakia Quarter. Walk along its refreshingly beautiful waterfront that is lined with a number of traditional wind-tower houses.
• To get a brief idea about Dubai’s traditions, culture and history, visit the Dubai History Museum in the 19th century Al-Fahidi Fort. The fort was once the seat of the government. You can observe displays of traditional boats, weapons, wind-tower houses and watch a multimedia presentation on the history and development of the city.
• Your last stop is a short visit at the magnificent Jumeirah mosque, an architectural masterpiece. It looks splendid especially in the evenings when its sparkling lights stand out in the darkness; a perfect opportunity for you to take pictures!
After spending the day exploring landmarks in the city of Dubai, its time to satiate those hunger pangs. Enjoy a traditional lunch in style at the world’s most luxurious hotel, the Burj Al Arab. Designed to resemble a billowing sail, the hotel soars to a height of 321 metres, dominating the Dubai coastline. It’s a great place to enjoy views of the Persian Gulf while savouring your meal in a relaxed ambience.
After a sumptuous lunch at Burj Al Arab, you will be dropped back to your hotel in Dubai.
Awesome staff great timing for all the activities. Very comfortable vehicle. Driver was very informative. A+++++...Adeel Mehmood
The trip was well organised. Pick up from our hotel was right on time. Our tour guide was good and informative. We would have preferred more time at the souks as they were...Ms Julie W Neilson
Had such a great day, H, our tour guide was so knowledgable, he made the tour!...Michelle A Sneddon
Tour with English and German-speaking guide: Monday, Wednesday & Saturday
Tour with French-speaking guide: Monday & Wednesday
8 hours (Inclusive of pick up and drop off)
Your hotel in Dubai. (Please advise your hotel at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 24 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details.)
Your hotel in Dubai
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour to confirm all departure details.
There is no pick up from Bab Al Shams and Al Maha hotels.
The tour stops for lunch sometimes between 1:30pm - 2:30pm.
Lunch normally takes place in Al-Iwan Restaurant which serves International and Oriental Buffet. If you would prefer an Asian Buffet instead it is available at the Junsui restaurant (available during April - August only). Please advise us in the special request section when booking
You are recommended to wear smart casual attire for your lunch at the Burj. You shall not be allowed entry if you are dressed in jeans, t-shirt and sports shoes.
See the Cancellation policy for this product