You will be picked up from your centrally located hotel between 1900h (7:00pm) and 1940h (7:40pm). Travel by coach to see the popular attractions of Rome by night.
Drive past some of Rome’s most famous attractions which are wonderfully illuminated after dark. Some of the building and monuments you will see are:
• The Fountain of the Naiads. An intricately carved fountain with has four beautiful reclining nymphs at the centre.
• The Roman Forum: This area, now in ruins, was the central area around which ancient Rome developed. The ruins feature a statue of Caesar along with other monuments and buildings.
• The Colosseum: This is one of the best recognised landmarks of Rome. The Colosseum, now in ruins, is an ancient Roman amphitheatre that was used for gladiatorial contests and public spectacles.
• The Castel Sant’ Angelo: Originally the mausoleum of Emperor Hadrian, it was converted into a fortress for the Popes in the 6th century AD. It was named by Pope Gregory the Great after he saw a vision of an angel above the structure which was taken to herald the end of the plague in Rome.
• Trevi Fountain: You will stop at this beautiful fountain built in the Baroque style with sculpted figures. You will stop here and can join in the tradition of throwing in a coin for good luck.
• Piazza del Popolo: The Piazza lies inside the northern gate in the Aurelian Walls, and was for centuries, a place for public executions. In neoclassical style, the piazza has an Egyptian obelisk of Rameses II in its centre. The piazza is also notable for its magnificent fountains.
• Piazza Navona: Stop in the heart of the lively square to see Bernini’s beautiful fountain of the Four Rivers.
After the tour, at around 2130h (9:30pm), you will be dropped in the vicinity of your hotel or Via G. Amendola 32.