If you have limited time in Rome but want to see all that this incomparable city has to offer then this is the tour for you.
Guided tours of Rome’s two most famous landmarks; the Colosseum and the Vatican are included, as well as visit to the Pantheon, the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and a host of other Rome attractions.
The tour is split into three parts and between each part of the tour you will have some free time to explore independently or relax at one of Rome’s wonderful cafes or restaurants.
Led by an expert Rome guide this is a small group tour which allows plenty of interaction with your guide for an in-depth discovery of the Eternal City.
The Rome in a Nutshell tour is split into three parts. The day starts with an Ancient Rome Walking Tour, continues for a Vatican Tour and ends with a Tour of Monumental Rome.
For the Ancient Rome Walking Tour meet your guide outside the “Colosseo” metro/ underground station next to the fountain (which you will find on the right next to the newsagent green kiosk).
This part of the tour visits the following places:
• Ancient Forum: Walk around the remains of the imposing ancient buildings and get an insight into the life of Roman society, their beliefs, and their social and political life.
• Colosseum: Visit the imposing arena and relive the days of Ancient Rome. Learn about the inner workings of the Colosseum and the special effects and showmanship of the ferocious games played there.
• Palantine Hill: Enjoy an incredible view of Ancient Roman sites like the Imperial Palace, Circus Maximus, and the Ancient Forum.
After visiting these landmarks you will have around an hour of spare time before meeting your guide for the Vatican Tour.
The meeting point for the Vatican Tour is outside the entrance to the Vatican Museum. You will spend around 4 hours in the Vatican and enjoy an in-depth tour of the Vatican Museum and St. Peters Church.
See one of the largest art collections in the world, spanning from Roman, Etruscan and Egyptian antiquities to contemporary art. Learn about the famous Popes of Rome, their love for art and their glamorous livestyle during one of the most enlightened periods in Italian history, the Renaissance.
A highlight of your time in the Vatican will be a visit to the Sistine Chapel located in the Apostolic Palace. It is the official residence of the Pope in the Vatican City. The chapel is famous for its architecture, and the frescos by the greatest Renaissance artists, including the legendary ceiling by Michelangelo.
After your Vatican tour you will have a brief amount of spare time before starting the last part of your tour – a minibus tour with aperitivo of Monumental Rome. you will see the following sites.
• Spanish Steps, are a set of steps. Climbing a steep slope between the Piazza di Spagna at the base and Piazza Trinità dei Monti, dominated by the Trinità dei Monti church at the top.
• Circus Maximus, where the famous chariot races, immortalized in the epic ‘Ben Hur’, took place.
• Gianicolo from where the city views are superb. There will be a photo stop here to admire the view of the Eternal City from one of its famous hills.
• Pantheon, dating from Roman times. One of Rome's most enduring monuments, it has survived almost entirely intact. The Pantheon can be seen as the embodiment of the highest Roman building technology and of its purest architectural taste.
• Trevi Fountain, the most famous fountain in the world, pause to admire this delightful baroque masterpiece.
The tour will conclude at a small typical Roman Osteria, frequented by locals, where you’ll enjoy a glass of wine accompanied by a selection of bruschettas. After the aperitif you can either continue your evening here by sampling some of the local roman specialities or reach the taxi cab station (close to the osteria) and get in a few minutes ride to wherever you want to go.
I thoroughly enjoyed the walking tour of Rome in a Nutshell. Our tour guide was amazing and was very informative and captivating in his explanations of each site. Despite the... Naomi Pestanas
Ce tour d'une grande journée guidé par Francesca d'un professionnalisme de haut niveau,cette guide est organisée et connaît son sujet(Rome) comme personne.Après ce tour Rome et... Bissonnette Claudine
12 May - 17 Jul: Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday
18 Jul - 05 Sep: Monday, Wednesday & Saturday
06 Sep - 15 Oct: Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday
16 Oct - 31 Oct: Monday, Wednesday & Saturday
Ancient Rome Walking Tour: 0845h (08:45am)
Vatican Walking Tour: 1300h (1:00pm)
Monumental Rome Tour: 1800h (6:00pm)
Duration: 9.5 hours
The three sections of the tour all have their own start point:
Ancient Rome Walking Tour: Outside “Colosseo” metropolitan/ underground station at the fountain (on your right next to the newsagent green kiosk)
Vatican Tour: At the entrance to the Vatican museum
Monumental Rome Tour: Spanish steps (Piazza di Spagna) in front of the American express office.
At all points the guide will be holding a sign with the local activity operators name on it.
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
The tour ends in the vicinity of the Vatican, close to a taxi cab station.
Don’t forget your camera. Wear comfortable walking shoes. Carry sunglasses and a hat
Please call the local activity operator anytime between 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday to Saturday, atleast a day prior to the start of the tour to confirm the departure details.
This full day tour is a combination of 3 tours - Ancient Rome Walking Tour, Vatican Tour and Tour of Monumental Rome. All these 3 tours need a minimum of 5 passengers to operate. If you book this tour and the minimum of 5 passengers is not met for any of portion of the tour then you will receive a partial refund for the portion that did not operate.
Shoulders and knees must be covered to enter Churches
Large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the Colosseum and Roman Forum. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the Colosseum.
See the Cancellation policy for this product