Discover the many attractions of Vienna on this sightseeing tour. Austria’s magnificent capital combines beauty and charm with culture, style and sophistication. This delightful introductory excursion drives you past the most important historical landmarks of the city and gives you enticing glimpses of its grand imperial past.
Admire the splendid buildings of the Ringstrasse – such as the Museum of Applied Art, the State Opera House, the Museum of Fine Arts and Natural History Museum. See the cultural district, the Museums Quarter, the Hofburg (the former Habsburg winter residence), the Parliament, the City Hall and the Burgtheater.
Your tour also takes you into the fabulous Schönbrunn Palace, once the summer residence of the Habsburg family and home of Maria Theresa. And a great bonus with this package is that you get to skip the lines at this ever-popular attraction.
At the start of the Vienna City Tour with Schönbrunn Palace excursion you will be picked up in the morning from your hotel in an air-conditioned coach. A guide will accompany you.
This is primarily a drive-past tour, which gives you an introduction to the cultural and architectural legacy of Vienna’s imperial history. But you will also make a stop to visit the magnificent Schönbrunn Palace.
Places of interest you will see on the route include the following:
• Museum of Applied Art (MAK): Houses works of Renaissance masters and contemporary artists plus interesting collections of tapestries, lace, furniture and glassware.
• State Opera House: One of the world’s foremost opera houses and home of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra.
• Museum of Fine Arts: Home of some of the world’s most important art collections.
• Natural History Museum: Interesting collections of minerals, meteorites and animal exhibits. A highlight is the 25,000 year-old Venus of Willendorf statuette.
• Museum Quarter: One of the largest cultural complexes in the world, the MQ encompasses a cultural archive, a place for experimentation, and an urban recreation center.
• Hofburg Palace: Originally a medieval castle, later extended to a magnificent residence under the Habsburgs.
• Parliament House: A mixture of neo-Renaissance and classical Greek architecture.
• Burgtheatre: The Austrian National Theater.
• Belvedere Palace: Former summer residence of Prince Eugen, which houses the largest and most precious Gustav Klimt collection in the world.
You will stop at the Schönbrunn Palace, one of the most important cultural monuments in Austria. The 1,441-room Palace was built between 1696 and 1712 at the request of Emperor Leopold who planned an imperial extravaganza to outclass Versailles. The original plans were never realized but the palace and gardens at Schönbrunn are nevertheless a glorious legacy of Habsburg rule.
Schönbrunn was the imperial summer palace during Maria Theresa's 40-year reign, and was the scene of grand ceremonial balls, lavish banquets, and extravagant receptions.
Visit the stunning State Apartments decorated in rococo style, with red, white, and gold predominating. See the Room of Millions, adorned with Indian and Persian miniatures.
You will spend about 1 hour and 15 minutes at Schönbrunn: 45 min to tour the State Apartments and 30 minutes to stroll in the gardens.
Your tour will finish at the State Opera House, Vienna.
The pick up was on time..Guide was nice & friendly..We don't speak German, but her English was so clear & understandable..... Anusha Choday
I really enjoyed the Vienna and Schonbrunn tour. Just one little sug eston--- because Sdhonbrunn is so large particularly the beautiful gardens maybe just concentrate on a... mrs patricia mulcahy
01 Apr - 31 Oct: 0945h (09:45am), 1045h (10:45am) & 1445h (02:45pm)
01 Nov - 31 Mar: 0945h (09:45am) & 1400h (02:00pm)
Duration: 3 hours
Your hotel in Vienna.
(Please advise your hotel name and address at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 24 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details.)
State Opera House
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details
In the summer for 1045h (10:45am) tour, don´t offer hotel pickup or drop off
See the Cancellation policy for this product