For the Bike the Bridge tour from San Francisco to Sausalito tour make your way to 2800 Leavenworth Street #16, San Francisco, CA 94133.
You will receive your bike, helmet (mandatory), comfort hybrid, a handlebar bag, snacks and bottled water. Accompanied by an English-speaking guide, set out to explore beautiful San Francisco city at a leisurely pace.
Take a beautiful bicycle ride on the Bay Trail over the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito.
The tour is an easy 9 mile adventure as most of the ride is flat and the last 3 miles are downhill.
Sights of interest include:
• Fisherman’s Wharf: San Francisco’s vibrant waterfront community features world class hotels, restaurants, and family friendly attractions.
• Aquatic Park: This building complex located in the San Francisco Maritime National Historic Park, this unique park is home to an assortment of old-time wooden ships.
• Ghirardelli Square: A historic San Francisco destination, the Square offers shopping San Francisco style, waterfront dining near Fisherman’s Wharf.
• Fort Mason: Located between Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge on San Francisco Bay, Fort Mason served as an Army post for more than 100 years.
• The Marina Green: The green lung of San Francisco, Marina Green is a historic 74-acre expanse of grass between Fort Mason and the Presidio.
• Crissy Field: This park was originally an airfield as part of the United States' Presidio Army Base.
• The Palace of Fine Arts: A favorite wedding location with couples, this uniquely designed building was originally constructed for the 1915 Panama-Pacific Exposition.
• The Presidio: This park traces its origins to 1776 as a fortified location when the Spanish made it the military center of their expansion in the area.
• Fort Point: Boasting a superb vantage point as it overlooks the spectacular Golden Gate, Fort Point was completed just before the American Civil War, to defend San Francisco Bay against hostile warships.
• The Golden Gate Bridge: The most famous among San Francisco landmarks, this superb suspension bridge spans the Golden Gate, the opening of the San Francisco Bay onto the Pacific Ocean.
You will arrive in Sausalito between 12:30pm and 1:00pm can catch a ferryboat (cost not included) back to Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco.
Located just across the Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco, Sausailto boasts world class hotels, numerous restaurants and a diverse selection of shopping opportunities, galleries and retail fashion shops.
On the return ferry ride, see:
• Alcatraz Island: Commonly referred to as The Rock, the island has, in turns, served as a lighthouse, a military fortification and then a military prison. Today it is a historic site.
• Angel Island: This park is a hilly, grass and forest-covered island, the largest in San Francisco Bay.
At the end of an exhilarating experience, return on your bike to the starting point, where your tour ends.