Bike the Bridge – a leisurely bike ride across the Golden Gate bridge is rapidly becoming the new “must-do” San Francisco tour.
Feel the wind on your face as you ride the Bay Trail over the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito and enjoy a return trip to San Francisco by ferryboat!
The tour is an easy 9-mile adventure, suitable for all fitness levels as most of the ride is flat and the last three miles are downhill.
Pass by several sights of interest such as the Fisherman’s Wharf, Aquatic Park, the historic airport of Crissy Field, the Palace of Fine Arts, notorious Alcatraz, Angel Island, and more.
Guaranteed to be an experience you’ll never forget.
For the Bike the Bridge tour from San Francisco to Sausalito tour make your way to 2800 Leavenworth Street #16, San Francisco, CA 94133.
You will receive your bike, helmet (mandatory), comfort hybrid, a handlebar bag, snacks and bottled water. Accompanied by an English-speaking guide, set out to explore beautiful San Francisco city at a leisurely pace.
Take a beautiful bicycle ride on the Bay Trail over the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito.
The tour is an easy 9 mile adventure as most of the ride is flat and the last 3 miles are downhill.
Sights of interest include:
• Fisherman’s Wharf: San Francisco’s vibrant waterfront community features world class hotels, restaurants, and family friendly attractions.
• Aquatic Park: This building complex located in the San Francisco Maritime National Historic Park, this unique park is home to an assortment of old-time wooden ships.
• Ghirardelli Square: A historic San Francisco destination, the Square offers shopping San Francisco style, waterfront dining near Fisherman’s Wharf.
• Fort Mason: Located between Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge on San Francisco Bay, Fort Mason served as an Army post for more than 100 years.
• The Marina Green: The green lung of San Francisco, Marina Green is a historic 74-acre expanse of grass between Fort Mason and the Presidio.
• Crissy Field: This park was originally an airfield as part of the United States' Presidio Army Base.
• The Palace of Fine Arts: A favorite wedding location with couples, this uniquely designed building was originally constructed for the 1915 Panama-Pacific Exposition.
• The Presidio: This park traces its origins to 1776 as a fortified location when the Spanish made it the military center of their expansion in the area.
• Fort Point: Boasting a superb vantage point as it overlooks the spectacular Golden Gate, Fort Point was completed just before the American Civil War, to defend San Francisco Bay against hostile warships.
• The Golden Gate Bridge: The most famous among San Francisco landmarks, this superb suspension bridge spans the Golden Gate, the opening of the San Francisco Bay onto the Pacific Ocean.
You will arrive in Sausalito between 12:30pm and 1:00pm can catch a ferryboat (cost not included) back to Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco.
Located just across the Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco, Sausailto boasts world class hotels, numerous restaurants and a diverse selection of shopping opportunities, galleries and retail fashion shops.
On the return ferry ride, see:
• Alcatraz Island: Commonly referred to as The Rock, the island has, in turns, served as a lighthouse, a military fortification and then a military prison. Today it is a historic site.
• Angel Island: This park is a hilly, grass and forest-covered island, the largest in San Francisco Bay.
At the end of an exhilarating experience, return on your bike to the starting point, where your tour ends.
A fun filled and adventurous tour with some hair-rising moments. Well co-ordinated and tour guide was very knowedgable and ensured we all had a enjoyable experience....shahid uddin
Approx. 3 hours
Start time: 10:00am
Duration: Approx. 3 hours
Make your own way to 2800 Leavenworth Street #16, San Francisco, CA 94133.
Please report at the meeting point 30 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
The tour ends at the starting point
Some physical fitness is required for this cycling tour. Wear sturdy shoes and dress comfortably
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details and to give your height details.
Please arrive at 9:30AM for the 10:00am tour.
The tour may be postponed if the weather makes for dangerous riding conditions. If the tour cannot be rescheduled, you will receive either a full credit or refund.
Trailer carriages and trailer tandems are available for children at extra cost. Children must be one year old or older to participate.
Minors who are 17 years and below are required by state law to wear a helmet and must be accompanied by a parent or a legal guardian.
See the Cancellation policy for this product