Oxford, The City of Dreaming Spires, is famous the world over for its University and place in history. For over 800 years, it has been a home to royalty and scholars. Visit one of the many historic buildings, colleges and museums, go out for a drink or a meal, or enjoy a show in the theatres. Shop till you drop in the market squares, enjoy a pleasant River Thames walk or stroll along the Oxford canal, one of England's most peaceful waterways.
On this hop-on hop-off tour you have the freedom to plan your own sightseeing itinerary. With 20 stops covering all of Oxford’s main attractions such as the River Thames Walk and the Oxford Canal, this tour provides the perfect introduction to the historical city.
This tour is available in two options; you can choose between a 24 or 48 hour ticket. Your ticket allows you unlimited travel, meaning you can hop on and off as many times as you like at any of the designated stops.
You can board the bus from any of the stops:
• Oxford Railway Station: You can see the Said Business School, Backpackers Club and the Youth Hostel.
• Park End Street: You can visit the Rosie O’Grady’s pub and walk along the Oxford canal, one of England's most peaceful waterways, running lazily through the countryside from Oxford to Coventry.
• Gloucester Green Bus Station: Shop for great bargains at the City centre and see the Worcester College.
• New Road: Gain an insight into the episodes of violence, executions, great escapes, betrayal and even romance in the Oxford castle. Other attractions on this road include the Oxford Castle, Nuffield College and St. Peter’s College.
• Westgate Shopping Centre: This is a great place to shop.
• Speedwell Street: From here you can enjoy the scenic River Thames Walk. You can also take a cruise on the river.
• Pembroke Street: The attractions here include Christ Church College, Pembroke College, Cathedral and Christ Church Meadow.
• Town Hall: You can visit the Museum of Oxford, the only museum that is solely dedicated to the history of Oxford and its University. See the Carfax Tower; all that remains of the 13th century St. Martin's Church.
• Brasenose College: Attractions here include Brasenose College, Oriel College and the covered market.
• The Queen’s College: See the University College, Examination Schools, Merton College, Corpus Christi College and All Souls College.
• The Plain: See Magdalene College & Tower, Magdalen Bridge (punting) and St. Hilda’s College. You can also visit the Botanic Garden, home to an extensive collection of flora and fauna.
• St. Cross Road: See the University science area, Linacre College, St. Catherine’s College and the William Morris’ Original Workshop.
• Sheldonian Theatre: Important places here include the Bridge of Sighs, New College, Radcliffe Camera, Exeter College and Tourist Information Centre.
• Trinity College Gates: You can see the Oxford Story exhibition, New Bodleian Library and Wadham College.
• Parks Road: The attractions include Keble College, University Parks, University and Pitt Rivers, Museums and Rhodes House.
• Banbury Road: See the St. Hugh’s College.
• Woodstock Road: The St. Anthony’s College is located here.
• Brown’s Restaurant: See the St. Anne’s College, Somerville College and enjoy a drink at the Eagle and Child pub.
• Magdalen Street: See the Balliol College, St. John’s College, The Oxford Story exhibition and the Martyrs’ Memorial.
• Randolph Hotel: The main attraction is the Ashmolean Museum, home to the antiquities collections that range from Paleolithic to Victorian, from Egypt to Britain.
Great tour and very informative!...Chris Jones
Received 10% off as we did the hop on hop off in bath. Great value as you receive discounts on other points of interest and the guide gives you a personal insight on the city not...Jill a Greenland
drivers great, tour route and information regarding route , places of interest and historical info all very interesting...R.L VAN BREUKELEN
The ticket is valid for 24 or 48 hours. Duration of full loop 60 minutes.
Buses depart from 9:30am to 6:00pm in Summer and 4:00pm in Winter
Frequency: Summer: every 10 mins, Winter: every 30 mins
Duration: The ticket is valid for 24 or 48 hours after first use
Full Loop: 60 mins
You may board the bus at any stop. The voucher can be exchanged at any of the stops directly with the driver.
You may leave the bus at any stop.
Your booking voucher can be exchanged for your hop-on hop-off ticket at any one of the stops. Simply choose the stop which you wish to start from and present your voucher to the driver who will exchange it for a ticket that will be valid for 24 hours or 48 hours from that time.
The duration and frequency of the tour may vary due to traffic conditions.
Voucher information: You must print and surrender a paper version of your booking voucher for this activity (showing your voucher on a smartphone is not accepted). No refund can be given for customers without a printed copy of their voucher.
Your voucher will be valid for 3 months from the date chosen at the time of booking.
The tour bus has a low floor with extendable ramps and wheelchair space. Passengers do not need to walk up steps to board the bus. Wheelchairs can also be can be collapsed down and stored on the bus.
For passengers with hearing impairments we offer the ‘overhead’ head phones (rather than the in-ear type) which helps when passengers have hearing aids. We can also offer a basic script of the commentary.
See the Cancellation policy for this product