Your ticket for the Big Bus Dubai is valid for 24 or 48 hours from when you first board one of the buses. The bus will follow two interlinked routes: Red and Blue route.
Red route (City tour):
Deira City Center is the main starting point for the Red Tour. Step back in time as you tour through Old Dubai. As your open top tour bus winds you through the streets of the city centre you can still see remnants of what once was a small fishing village.
The stops along this route include:
Wafi Shopping Mall: Whether you want to buy a musical instrument or the very latest designer clothes, Wafi Shopping Mall is for you. It really is a city within a city; within its Egyptian influenced stores and walkways, Wafi offers shoppers a sophisticated shopping experience.
Creek Walk: At 14km long, Dubai Creek is the seawater inlet that divides the city into Deira Dubai and Bur Dubai. The creek is a busy waterway with many Dhows and abras (water Taxis) playing their trade. Hop off the bus and take a stroll around the wharf and glimpse into the trading past that surrounds you.
Dubai Museum: Free entrance to this magnificent fort, now converted into a museum. Peep into the rich culture and heritage of Dubai at the Dubai Museum.
Dubai Old Souk: The old Souk is one of Dubai’s hidden treasures. It’s a warren of winding alleyways, shops and market stalls where you can haggle for a bargain on a variety of goods including clothes, souvenirs, rugs and shoes.
Sheikh Saeed Al Maktourm's House: Free entrance to the restored home of Dubai’s former ruler.
Gold Souk: The Gold Souk is Dubai’s most famous market. Explore the alleyways and narrow streets that are lined with shops bursting with gold necklaces, brooches, rings, bangles and earrings. Be dazzled by a staggering display of gold, and more gold!
Deira Abra Station: Abra means “water taxi”. Here you can climb aboard an open deck motorised water taxi that will transport you across the emerald green Dubai Creek from Bur Dubai to Deira. They run continuously all day long and are very cheap.
Burjuman Centre: Many of Dubai’s haute couture outlets are found here at the modern Burjuman Shopping Mall as well as popular American and European brands. One of the big attractions at the Burjuman Mall are the fountains.
Blue route (Beach Tour):
Wafi is the main starting point for the Blue Tour. As you travel along on this route you will have a chance to see Dubai’s famous white sandy beaches and glistening turquoise waters. Enjoy views of the world’s tallest structure, the Burj Dubai from the open top bus.
The stops along this route include:
Deira City Centre: Deira City Centre is a shopping mall with a very large range of goods on offer over many floors. Antiques, carpets, jewellery, watches, electronic goods and bookshops are all under one roof.
Wafi Mall: Whether you want to buy a musical instrument or the very latest designer clothes, Wafi Shopping Mall is for you. It really is a city within a city; within its Egyptian influenced stores and walkways, Wafi offers shoppers a sophisticated shopping experience.
Jumeirah Mosque: The Jumeirah Mosque is built in the medieval Fatimid tradition combined with modern building materials. It is considered to be one of the most attractive mosques in Dubai.
Jumeirah Beach Park: Hop off the bus at stop 15 for one of Dubai’s top public beach parks. This well-kept recreational space is located adjacent to the popular Jumeirah beach front. The park offers a variety of amenities, such as games for children, barbeque areas, food kiosks, volleyball courts and walking tracks.
Jumeirah Public Beach: The Jumeirah Public Beach is right on the edge of the blue Arabian Gulf. Soft, golden sand and crashing surf make it ideal for a free day at the seaside!
Souq Madinat Jumeirah: The Souk Madinet Jumeirah Hotel is different from any hotel in Dubai. It is almost like a small town with some unique features. All together there are 75 boutique shops and 23 waterfront cafés, bars and restaurants. There is also a 442 seat theatre with the latest musicals and plays from the West End, a 1000 seater outdoor amphitheatre and the “Trilogy” nightclub.
Atlantis on the Palm: The latest in a list of dazzling hotels, the Atlantis is situated on the outer crescent of the Palm Jumeirah. The Atlantis hotel is made up of two towers linked by a breathtaking archway.
Mall of Emirates: Mall of the Emirates is Dubai’s ultimate leisure, entertainment and shopping resort. Opened in 2005, it is the largest shopping centre outside of North America. Not only is it home to over 450 retailers (featuring a complete range of retail and entertainment options) it also includes Ski Dubai, the first indoor ski destination in the world.
Dubai Mall: The Dubai Mall is one of the region's premier shopping, lifestyle and entertainment destination. With more than 1,200 stores and a host of world-class attractions, the Dubai Mall is the ultimate, cutting-edge shopping experience.
Jumeirah Emirates Towers: Set in the heart of Dubai, a few minutes walk from the Dubai Metro Station and a short drive away from pristine beaches.
In addition, your ticket includes a free entrance to the following:
• Dubai Museum: Believed to be Dubai's oldest building the Al-Fahidi Fort is well worth a visit. Hop off at stop 3 to visit the fort, built in 1787, which is also home to the Dubai Museum. Dubai Museum offers a unique trip to desert life, traditional Arabian homes, mosques, fishing, pearl diving and trade. Major highlights of Dubai Museum are artifacts from excavated graves, musical instruments. Deadly weapons also form the major part of Dubai Museum, such as swords, spears, bows, arrows, shields, pistols and axes.
• Sheikh Saeed Al Maktoum's House: Hop off at stop 5 for a visit to the Sheikh Saeed Al Maktoum's House. Sheikh Saeed was the grandfather of the present ruler and his house has been restored as a museum. Built on the edge of the Dubai Creek, this palatial building distinguished by its four elegant wind-towers was built in 1896.
Other benefits include:
• Free daily Arabian Dhow Cruise. The cruise departs four times a day at 1130h (11:30am), 1330h (1:30pm), 1530h (3:30pm) and 1730h (5:30pm). Hop off at stop 7 and explore Dubai’s famous Creek on the Big Bus Arabian Dhow Creek Cruise. This one hour river cruise is free and is included in your Big Bus ticket. Jump aboard a traditional wooden Arabic Dhow and glide down the beautiful Dubai Creek. You will be amazed as you gently sail through the sparkling emerald waters of the UAE’s most famous waterway. Your informative recorded commentary will tell you the history of the Creek and show you where sea merchants have traded for centuries and still do! Marvel at the traditional and modern buildings that make up the international Dubai of today. Just make sure you bring your camera! Your cruise will take you to the mouth of the Creek with its stunning views of the Arabian Gulf before returning to the quay where you can re-board your Big Bus City tour.
• Free Arabian Treasures Walking Tour, daily from 01 Oct -30 Apr, starting at 1130h (11:30am) and 1500h (03:00pm). The tour starts at Dubai Museum (Stop 6) and ends at Dubai Gold Souk (Stop 9) (where you can join your Hop-On Hop-Off tour). This fabulous Arabian Treasures walk takes you through the streets of merchants and markets of gold. This fully guided walk lasts about an hour. The walking tour of Dubai includes a traditional Abra boat ride across the busy Dubai Creek – the life blood of the city – and visits the mysterious markets where merchants have traded for centuries. Smell the aroma of the fragrant Spice Souk before you actually enter it! Explore the world famous Gold Souk where, with luck and a bit of haggling, you may pick up a bargain or two! This exciting walk will show you the hidden treasures and mysteries that Dubai has to offer.
• Free Wafi Welcome Card: The Wafi Welcome Card offers a discount of 20 % on shops and restaurants such as Planet Hollywood, Carters, Mezzos and Thai Chi amongst others.
You may hop on and hop off at any of the designated stops, sightseeing, shop or eat and then hop back again when the next bus comes along.