Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Abu Dhabi, UAE’s capital city. Take in the sights and sounds of the Heritage Village that offers a glimpse into Bedouin life.
Drive along the beautiful Corniche (a boulevard) along Abu Dhabi’s beachfront with its sprinkling of cafes and restaurants, and enjoy a sumptuous lunch at the Emirates Palace Hotel, which captivates visitors with its luxury and opulence.
Pause for a photo op at the Diwan Amiri (White Fort) built in 1793, a popular historical landmark of the city. As you further explore, you will come across many mosques, from the massive blue mosque on the corner of the Corniche to the tiny one in the centre of Khalifa Street Roundabout, shaded by trees. Enjoy the highlights of Abu Dhabi and you will know why it is known as the ‘Manhattan of the Middle East’.
You will be picked up in an air-conditioned coach from your hotel in Abu Dhabi and taken on a tour of the highlights of the city. An English-speaking guide will accompany you on this tour. You will visit the following sites:
• Al Husn Palace, for a photo op. The palace, most commonly known as the Old Fort or the White Fort, also known as Diwan Amiri, is the oldest building in the city. Built in the late 19th century, the palace was the residence of the erstwhile ruling family. The courtyard and the tile work over the main or the northern gate are worth looking out for. Many exhibitions are held here displaying traditional artefacts and photographs.
• Head towards the Heritage Village on the breakwater for a taste of life before the discovery of oil. The display offers an insight into Bedouin life, as well as medieval houses, wind towers and the ancient irrigation systems used in the region's oases.
• The recently renovated Corniche (a boulevard) is the city's showpiece, with its beachfront location, paved walkways and lush greenery. From there, a road leads to the breakwater, an area of reclaimed land off the main Abu Dhabi Island. Featuring a luxury shopping mall, water sports club and Heritage Village, this area has a number of Arabic cafes and restaurants along the waterfront.
• The dhow yard and explore the Corniche from a different view point, take a cruise in a traditional wooden dhow or cabin cruiser, enjoying the changing vistas of Abu Dhabi’s skyline.
• At the fish market, you can feel the buzz of everyday life and soak up the unique sights and sounds.
• Head towards the newest jewel of Abu Dhabi's burgeoning tourism - the magnificent Emirates Palace Hotel which is one of the most luxurious hotels in the world. Enjoy a sumptuous meal and the plush ambience of the hotel.
After enjoying the sights of Abu Dhabi, you will be dropped back to your hotel in Abu Dhabi later in the afternoon.
Tuesday & Saturday
Start time: 0830h (08:30 am)
Duration: 8 hours
Your hotel in Abu Dhabi. (Please advise your hotel at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 24 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details.)
Your hotel in Abu Dhabi
Please call the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details.
There is no pick up from Danat Beach Resort, Liwa and Al Mafraq hotels and other properties outside of city limits.
See the Cancellation policy for this product