You will be picked up in an air-conditioned coach from your hotel in Abu Dhabi and taken on a tour of the highlights of the city. An English-speaking guide will accompany you on this tour. You will visit the following sites:
• Al Husn Palace, for a photo op. The palace, most commonly known as the Old Fort or the White Fort, also known as Diwan Amiri, is the oldest building in the city. Built in the late 19th century, the palace was the residence of the erstwhile ruling family. The courtyard and the tile work over the main or the northern gate are worth looking out for. Many exhibitions are held here displaying traditional artefacts and photographs.
• Head towards the Heritage Village on the breakwater for a taste of life before the discovery of oil. The display offers an insight into Bedouin life, as well as medieval houses, wind towers and the ancient irrigation systems used in the region's oases.
• The recently renovated Corniche (a boulevard) is the city's showpiece, with its beachfront location, paved walkways and lush greenery. From there, a road leads to the breakwater, an area of reclaimed land off the main Abu Dhabi Island. Featuring a luxury shopping mall, water sports club and Heritage Village, this area has a number of Arabic cafes and restaurants along the waterfront.
• The dhow yard and explore the Corniche from a different view point, take a cruise in a traditional wooden dhow or cabin cruiser, enjoying the changing vistas of Abu Dhabi’s skyline.
• At the fish market, you can feel the buzz of everyday life and soak up the unique sights and sounds.
• Head towards the newest jewel of Abu Dhabi's burgeoning tourism - the magnificent Emirates Palace Hotel which is one of the most luxurious hotels in the world. Enjoy a sumptuous meal and the plush ambience of the hotel.
After enjoying the sights of Abu Dhabi, you will be dropped back to your hotel in Abu Dhabi later in the afternoon.