The Similan Islands, located approximately 100 kilometres northwest of Phuket in the Andaman Sea, form an area of great natural beauty and were declared a Marine National Park in 1982. Consisting of nine, densely wooded islands fringed with rocky outcrops and gorgeous beaches with fine talcum powder-like sand, the islands are stunning in their beauty. The main attraction of these islands is the incredibly varied underwater landscape. Sloping hard coral reefs and shallow coral gardens lie on the eastern side of the islands. Huge granite boulders, caverns and swim-throughs produce a fascinating underwater landscape which attracts a huge variety of marine life, from tiny creatures to great Manta Rays. Water clarity is excellent and the scenery varies with each island. It's a great place for both diving and snorkelling in a pristine aquatic environment.
Touring by speedboat allows you to reach the Similans (located north of Phuket in the Andaman Sea) in about one hour, giving lots of time to explore the underwater scenery in one of the world's premier dive sites. Diving is the main attraction of these islands. Ranked as one of the top 10 dive sites in the world, every trip to the Similans provides a new diving experience.
Your itinerary would be for this full-day tour of the spectacularly beautiful Similan Islands, a group of nine islands located northwest of Phuket in the blue tropical Andaman Sea, is as follows:
• Get picked up from your hotel in Phuket/the airport and drive towards the Taplamu jetty.
• Board a speedboat for the Similan Islands.
• Stop at Koh Bangu (Island No.9), where huge granite boulders have tumbled down to a depth of 40 metres, providing divers with dramatic crevices to swim through. Spend some time diving in its aquamarine blue waters.
• Continue to Koh Similan (Island No.8) to enjoy snorkelling from the boat. Have a surreal experience as you swim among a huge variety of reef fish and explore its amazing and colourful underwater marine life.
• Lunch with Thai food, followed by free time to explore, swim or snorkel.
• Continue to Koh Payu (Island No. 7) and Koh Miang (Island No.4, Marine Park Headquarters.)
• Return by speedboat to the Taplamu jetty.
On returning to the mainland, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Phuket/ the airport at around 1700h (5:00pm).
01 Nov - 30 Apr:
Coach Tour: Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
Private Tour: Daily
Approx. 9.5 hours
Start time: 0730h (07:30am)
Duration: Approx. 9.5 hours
Your hotel in Phuket or Phuket Airport.
(Please mention your hotel name and address or flight details at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 24 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details).
Your hotel in Phuket or Phuket Airport
Please call the tour operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour to reconfirm the departure details.
Supplement charge THB200 net /person for JW Marriott, Cape Panwa, Surin, Kamala, Layan, Bang Tao and Tritrang Beach payable directly
Guide also available in other languages with supplement charge payable directly
See the Cancellation policy for this product