If you are staying in one of Singapore's major hotels you will be picked up from your hotel and taken in an air-conditioned vehicle to Singapore's Jurong Bird Park. If your hotel is not a pick-up point, then you should arrange to arrive at the assembly point at the Tourist and Transit Hub #01-05 at the Singapore Flyer 15 minutes before the tour starts.
The journey will take about 30 minutes and you can enjoy an onboard commentary, in English, on the way.
Jurong Bird Park is located on 20 hectares of lush greenery in Singapore's model industrial estate and is home to over 9,000 birds from more than 600 species. The Park specializes in birds from South Asia.
The Singapore FunVee Bird Park Tour option includes admission to the Park and a ticket for the Tram, affording spectacular panoramic views of the park and its inhabitants.
Highlights of the Park include:
• The Lory Loft: The world’s largest walk-in Lory Flight Aviary. Covering 3,000 sq.m and standing 9 storeys high, it houses over 1,000 free-flying lories.
• The Penguin Exhibit: Here you will be treated to a panoramic view of more than 200 penguins 'flying' underwater. The five species on show are the Humboldt, rockhopper, macaroni, fairy and king penguin.
• The World of Darkness: Asia’s first nocturnal bird house, featuring a system of reverse lighting, converting day to night and vice-versa. On display are 60 birds from 17 species, such as night herons and snowy owls. The experience is akin to a quiet nocturnal walk along a starlit jungle path, observing birds in their natural habitat.
• The African Wetlands: An award-winning exhibit showing how birds and humans co-exist. See fascinating birds such as shoebills, saddle-billed storks, African pelicans and more.
• Waterfall Aviary: The largest walk-in aviary in the world with more than 1,500 free flying birds from over 60 species.
This option also includes admission to the ever-popular Birds 'n Buddies Show, which starts at 1100h (11:00am) and lasts approximately 30 minutes. This breathtaking spectacle boasts the world's widest variety of performing birds in a single act. Be entertained by the antics of colourful costume characters and amazed by the behaviour of the birds.
Your visit to Jurong Bird Park will end at approximately 1430h (2:30pm) and you will then be driven back to your hotel/ starting point.