Wander through the cobblestone streets of Montmartre district and understand why it was the favourite haunt of the artists and writers of France and the world over. Enjoy the stories associated with the artists as you slowly ascend from the bohemian streets to the highest point in Paris, which offers breathtaking views in all directions.
You will be picked up from outside the Blanche Métro station at 1500h (3:00pm) and taken on a walking tour of the city. Accompanied by an English-speaking guide, visit the following sites in Paris:
• Sacré Cœur Basilica: This white basilica dominates the Parisian skyline.
• Moulin Rouge: See the famed cabaret immortalised by the works of Toulouse-Lautrec among others.
• Vincent Van Gogh’s House: The famous artist lived here with his brother Theo from 1886 – 1888.
• Place du Tertre: This is the where art works are painted and sold on the spot.
• Dali Museum: The museum is home to over 300 of the artist’s original works.
• The Montmartre Vineyards: These authentic Parisian vineyards are the source of the famed Le Clos Montmartre.
• Montmartre Cemetery: Visit the final resting place of famous people like Dalida, Edgar Degas, Adolf Sax, Emile Zola and Jacques Offenbach, among others.
• Le Lapin Agile: This was the famous haunt of the resident artists of Montmartre in the early 1900’s.
• Windmills of Montmartre: See the three original windmills that have withstood the test of time.
• Bateaux Lavoir: The resident listing reads like a “who’s who” of famous artists who have passed through Paris.
The tour ends at the Blanche Métro station.
Guide was where he said he would be ,easy to find him ,the tour was really interesting and fun and would recommend it ....Elisabeth A O'Leary
Our guide loved Montmartre - he lived in the area and knew a lot of history. He was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic and as a small group of 12, we could gather close to hear...P A Farnworth
Our guide, Gil, was fabulous. Gil had an easy way about him and weaved the story throughout the entire tour. Excellent tour with a great group. We wanted to take more tours with...Francine N. Saperstein
01 Mar - 31 Oct: Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
Start time: 1500h (3:00pm)
Duration: 2 hours
The tour departs from outside the Blanche Métro station (line 2) on the street level.
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
The point of departure
Please call the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour to confirm the departure details.
See the Cancellation policy for this product