The Latin Quarter Walk takes you through the heart of Parisian history and touches on everything from Roman ruins to the great intellectuals of France. See two of the world’s most famous cathedrals, one of the world’s most famous universities and Paris’ most beautiful gardens. Latin Quarter is where Paris began many centuries ago and even till today, continues to be one of the most popular areas of the city.
You will be picked up from the plaza in front of the Panthéon at 1500h (3:00pm) and taken on a walking tour of the city. Accompanied by an English-speaking guide, visit the following sites in Paris:
• Notre Dame: Learn about the cathedral’s history, architecture, detailed facade and the coronation of a famous, albeit short, emperor.
• St. Chapelle: It was built to house Christ’s crown of thorns and a piece of the cross.
• Sorbonne University: See the most prestigious university in France.
• Luxembourg Gardens: Admire the perfectly manicured gardens surrounding the French Senate.
• Panthéon: The building is the resting place for some of France’s greatest citizens.
• Conciergerie: This is the brutal prison that held Marie Antoinette before her execution.
• Cluny Museum: This Middle-Ages museum of Paris contains the famous “Lady and the Unicorn” tapestries.
• St. Etienne du Mont: This beautiful church houses the tomb of St. Geneviéve, the patron saint of Paris.
• Place St. Michel: It is considered to be the heartbeat of the Latin Quarter.
• Bouquinistes: See the book and poster vendors lining the banks of the Seine.
The tour ends at the point of departure.
My husband just got back from our trip to Paris and after discussing the highlights of our trip and the tours we took we both agreed the Latin Quarter Tour was one of the top... Janice D Barnes
As a group leader on our way to Gascony for a Cooking School i highly recomend this Tour. Everyone was totally impressed with our tour leader Scott, he was totally versed on... ms Norma L Macmillan
01 Mar - 31 Oct: Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
Start time: 1500h (3:00pm)
Duration: 2 hours
The tour departs from the middle of the plaza in front of the Panthéon.(closest Métro station: Luxembourg, RER Line B.)
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
The tour ends at the starting point.
Please call the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour to confirm the departure details.
See the Cancellation policy for this product