The French Revolution Walk will enlighten you to the significance of one of the most important events in modern history. Hear the gripping tales of the revolution from the overthrow of the monarchy to the guillotine.
Relive the troubled times leading up to the storming of the Bastille prison, the capture of King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette and the Reign of Terror. Learn about Louis XVI - the proud king who lost his throne and his life and Marie Antoinette - the Austrian Queen who uttered the infamous phrase, "... then let them eat cake."
You will be picked up from outside the La Tour Maubourg Métro station at 3:00pm and taken for a walking tour of the city. Accompanied by an English-speaking guide, see the following sites associated with the French Revolution:
• Bastille Prison: The raiding of this prison on July 14th 1789 sparked the Revolution. Your guide will discuss the event from outside the building.
• Les Invalides: The French army used to use this as an ammunition depot and it was from here that revolutionaries stole over 30,000 arms from here in order to attack the Bastille prison.
• Conciergerie: See the prison overlooking the Seine River where Marie Antoinette and King Louis XVII were held. Over 2,500 prisoners from here went to the guillotine.
• Tuileries Palace: Located in the current Tuileries Gardens, it also served as a prison for King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette.
• Place de la Concorde: This was the site of the beheadings of King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette, among many others.
• Assemblee Nationale: See the site of the lower house of the French Legislative branch.
The tour ends at the point of departure.
Excellent guide and very helpful and kind. Fantastic places....Mohammed Hassan Ibrahim
This was an easy pace tour that covered all the major areas of interest around the French Revolution. Paul the tour guide was knowledgable yet presented the information in a down...Mrs Frances Leys
Excellent tour and genuinely one of the highlights of our trip to Paris. The guide was very knowledgeable, engaging and personable. He was able to explain the events behind a...MR A R BUNCE
01 Mar - 31 Oct: Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
The tour departs from outside the "La Tour Maubourg" Métro station (line 8) on street level.
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
The tour ends at the starting point.
Please call the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour to confirm the departure details.
See the Cancellation policy for this product