This tour starts at 6:00pm from 502 23rd Street, NW, Washington, DC 20037. It is just off the Foggy Bottom Metro Station.
Your mode of transport will be a Segway. A guide will accompany you on this tour.
Before you start the tour, you will be given a 30-minute orientation session on how to operate a Segway followed by time to practice on the Segway so that you feel comfortable and ready to go out and sightsee Washington DC. The Segway is appropriate for virtually anyone 16 and older. Unfortunately, pregnant women will not be permitted to participate in this tour.
Highlights of the tour include:
• The White House: This is possibly the most photographed building in the world and the greatest symbol of power. Every president but George Washington has lived in this Executive Mansion.
• The Capitol Building: The government moved to “Jenkins’ Hill“ in 1800 and the building has been in constant development since.
• Smithsonian Castle Building: This was established by British scientist, James Smithson, who sent his fortune in 100 bags of gold for “the increase and diffusion of knowledge”. Serving as the first endowment of the Smithsonian Institution, which has now grown to 15 buildings and complexes.
• National Galleries of Art: Find out which museum was the site of the country’s first presidential assassination. It houses pieces from the world’s finest artisans over the last 3 centuries.
• The Washington Monument: This pinnacle structure is dedicated to the founder of America, George Washington and is the centrepiece of the National Mall.
Also see the Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, WWII Memorial, Old Executive Building, The national mall and more.
The tour ends at the starting point.