Explore the Washington DC area on wheels, with your own itinerary and schedule on this highly popular self-guided bike tour of the American capital city.
Washington DC’s most popular monuments and memorials are easily accessible by bike and you'll find that a bicycle is the perfect vehicle for touring and sightseeing. Visit its myriad attractions by riding safely on paths, trails and sidewalks.
Take your bike to a Smithsonian museum, cycle along the Potomac River, or head to the presidential and war memorials. If you're looking for a longer ride the area boasts an extensive network of scenic bike paths such as the Capital Crescent Trail and C&O Canal, the Mount Vernon and Curtis Trails, Rock Creek Park and the W&OD Trail.
Whether you're a first-time visitor to DC or a local wishing to rediscover your city, this self-guided bike tour promises to be loads of fun!
You will receive your comfort hybrid bike, helmet (mandatory for children, ages 16 and under), a handlebar bag, bike tube, pump, lock and a city map when you start the tour.
Explore the Washington DC area by creating your own itinerary and enjoy the freedom to stop and explore at leisure.
You could ride past the following landmarks:
• Union Station: Begin your cycle ride from this historic train station that houses numerous tourist shops and an upscale shopping mall.
• The White House: This is possibly the most photographed building in the world and the greatest symbol of power. Every president but George Washington has lived in this Executive Mansion.
• Capitol Hill: One of America’s most historic and famous neighbourhoods.
• Smithsonian Castle Building: This was established by British scientist, James Smithson, who sent his fortune in 100 bags of gold for “the increase and diffusion of knowledge”. It serves as the first endowment of the Smithsonian Institution, which has now grown to 15 buildings and complexes.
• Smithsonian Air and Space Museum: This is the most visited museum in the world. The museum on the Mall houses the largest collection of historic air and spacecraft in the world.
• National Galleries of Art: Find out which museum was the site of the country’s first presidential assassination. It houses pieces from the world’s finest artisans over the last 3 centuries.
• Smithsonian Natural History: This is the second most visited museum in the world and houses the famous Hope Diamond and so much more.
• Smithsonian American History Museum: This museum collects anything possible, but got its start with the original flag for the United States and the story behind it.
• The Washington Monument: This pinnacle structure is dedicated to the founder of America, George Washington and is the centrepiece of the National Mall.
• Also see the Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, WWII Memorial, Old Executive Building and more.
If you're looking for a longer ride the area boasts an extensive network of scenic bike paths such as the Capital Crescent Trail and C&O Canal, the Mount Vernon and Curtis Trails, Rock Creek Park and the W&OD Trail.
At the end of an exhilarating experience, return on your bike to the starting point, where your tour ends.
19 Mar - 23 Nov: Daily
As per your convenience
10:00am - 06:00pm
Tour begins at National Mall at 955 L’Enfant Plaza SW, North Building, Washington, DC 20024.
Metro (suggested): Take Green, Yellow, Orange or Blue line to L’Enfant Plaza Metro Station. Follow signs for “L’Enfant Plaza” exit; above the exit, you will see large circular artwork of a dog wearing a spacesuit (against a white background). At the top of the escalator, turn right (you will see a Starbucks) and exit to the outside. Walk towards the square brown Metro pole ahead and turn right and go up the stairs. At the top of the stairs, turn right and walk towards the Plaza. Bike and Roll DC is the first storefront in the first building on the right.
Taxi/cab: 955 L’Enfant Plaza SW, North Building, Suite 905, Washington, DC 20024
Link to map: http://bit.ly/1bFJYol
The tour ends at the starting point
Wear sturdy shoes and dress comfortably
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details and to give your height details.
Helmets are mandatory for children, ages 16 and under. Children's trailer tandems and burley trailers are available at extra cost. Please indicate which child attachment will be needed when calling the local activity operator to confirm availability
The tour may be cancelled for safety concerns such as high winds, thunderstorms, excessive heat or cold, or other severe conditions. In the event of such a cancellation, you may either reschedule or request a full refund
Photo ID required at time of rental.
See the Cancellation policy for this product