On arrival at the start point you will receive your bike, helmet (mandatory for children, ages 16 and under), comfort hybrid, a handlebar bag, snacks and bottled water. Each tour begins with a safety and bike usage talk. The tour route takes place on paths, trails, and sidewalks.
Accompanied by an English-speaking guide, set out to explore vibrant Washington DC at a relaxed pace. You will cover about 7-8 miles on this leisurely bicycle tour.
The biking tour will stop frequently for information and photo opportunities.
Highlights of the tour include:
• Union Station: This is a historic train station that houses numerous tourist shops and an upscale shopping mall.
• Capitol Hill: One of America’s most historic and famous neighborhoods.
• Smithsonian Castle Building: This was established by British scientist, James Smithson, who sent his fortune in 100 bags of gold for “the increase and diffusion of knowledge”. It serves as the first endowment of the Smithsonian Institution, which has now grown to 15 buildings and complexes.
• Smithsonian Air and Space Museum: This is the most visited museum in the world. The museum on the Mall houses the largest collection of historic air and spacecrafts in the world.
• National Galleries of Art: Find out which museum was the site of the country’s first presidential assassination. It houses pieces from the world’s finest artisans from the past 300 years.
• Smithsonian Natural History: This is the second most visited museum in the world and houses the famous Hope Diamond and so much more.
• Smithsonian American History Museum: This museum collects anything possible, but got its start with the original flag for the United States and the story behind it.
• The Washington Monument: This pinnacle structure is dedicated to the founder of America, George Washington and is the centerpiece of the National Mall.
• Also see the Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, WWII Memorial, Old Executive Building and more.
Your informative guide will provide you with interesting information, practical touring tips and help you plan your trip ahead.
At the end of an exhilarating experience, return on your bike to the starting point, where your tour ends.