The tour departs from the Gray Line “Lighthouse” Ticket Office located at Toulouse Street and the Mississippi River (at the Steamboat Natchez Dock), only 1 block from Jackson Square in the French Quarter.
From here you will board an air-conditioned coach and take a sightseeing city tour of New Orleans in the southern state of Louisiana.
This narrated coach tour includes a visit to:
• The French Quarter: A National Historic District, it was first settled by the French in the early 1700’s.
• Jackson Square: It reflects a blend of Spanish and French colonial architecture, and has fascinating museums like the Cabildo and Presbytere.
• Cemetery: One of the historic cemeteries of the city, which are often referred to as ‘Cities of the Dead’, and learn about the unique above ground burial system.
• Bayou St. John: This was a waterway used by Jean Lafitte and his band of pirates.
• Lake Pontchartrain: The longest bridge over water in the world, the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway.
• St. Charles Avenue Streetcar: The oldest continuously operating passenger railway system in the world.
• Garden District: Homes of former kings and queens of the Mardi Gras and stately mansions surrounded by lush lawns.
You will also see Tulane and Loyola Universities across from Audubon Park, home to one of the top five zoos in the nation.
The tour ends at the starting point.