For your Private New Orleans Night Tour the guide will meet you in front of the main exit of your hotel in New Orleans.
Walk through the darkened streets of the Vieux Carre (also known as ‘the French Quarter’), the oldest part of New Orleans. Often referred to as the ‘most haunted city in America’, New Orleans has been investigated by paranormal investigators and featured in many stories on the History Channel and Discovery Channel.
As you walk the narrow lanes, your guide will point out the city’s most famous haunted houses and keep you spell-bound with bone-chilling narratives.
Discover the gruesome history of the Lalaurie Mansion, arguably the most haunted house in town. Here, before a fire in 1835 exposed their foul deeds, the socialite couple Dr Lalaurie and his wife Delphine conducted horrific grisly medical experiments on their unfortunate slaves.
More horror stories await at the Sultan’s retreat, said to be the site of the mass murder of a Turkish aristocrat and his entire harem.
Hear about the apparition known as the ‘Witch of the Opera House’. In times gone by, this female figure, dressed in old-fashioned mourning dress, was seen walking nightly from the Old Opera House on Rue St Anne. She was said to be the ghost of a Creole widow who had killed her faithless young lover and his paramour.
End the tour with a luxurious dinner at Arnaud’s restaurant, one of New Orleans’ finest restaurants.
A sample menu is given below:
Appetizers: Choice of :
• Shrimp Arnaud (signature dish) – fresh Gulf shrimp marinated in tangy Creole remoulade sauce with assorted greens
• Chicken and Andouille Gumbo/ Shrimp Bisque
Entrees: Choice of:
• Shrimp Creole– Gulf shrimp simmered in a spicy tomato sauce with Creole vegetables. Served over rice pilaf
• Gulf Fish Amandine – crisply fried almond-crusted fillet. Topped with sliced almonds and Lemon Butter Sauce
• Chicken Pontalba – sautéed chicken breast with Marchand de Vin and Béarnaise Sauces. Served with Brabant potatoes
• Pork Tenderloin Robichaux – sautéed hickory-smoked pork tenderloin served with truffled mashed potatoes and pepper jelly mustard sauce
Dessert: Choice of:
Crème Brûlée – rich custard topped with a brown sugar crust
Old Fashioned Pecan Pie
Profiterole – served with chocolate sauce
Coffee or Tea
Your guide will leave you at the restaurant. After dinner you will need to make your own arrangements for transportation back to your hotel.