This tour to Koh Hong Island will give you the opportunity to explore a range of exciting activities while escaping the typical ‘beach’ scene. Koh Hong is a wonderful island with magnificent limestone structures and a small lagoon, perfect for kayaking and snorkelling. It lies just an hour away from Krabi.
You will be accompanied by a snorkelling/diving instructor and travel by a cruiser or a smaller boat depending upon the number of guests.
• Koh Hong Island consists of a group of caves in the middle of the island which harbours a large lagoon. There is a small passage leading to the sea. Paddle into the lagoon and snorkel through the inside of the cavern and the coral gardens rimming the beach.
• When the tide is high long tail boats are able to enter the ‘room’ and visitors can swim in around in crystal clear water.
• Koh Hong is another collection point for the nests that provide the ingredients for bird’s nest soup. You can witness the fascinating sight of young men climbing up bamboo poles to collect these nests, risking life and limb.
• A visit to the island is a real ‘get away’ where you can relax or swim along the beach.
• At the end of this tour you will be returned to your hotel or airport (if you prefer) at around 1630h (04:30pm).