English and Spanish speaking Tour: Tuesday & Sunday
English and French-speaking Tour: Monday & Thursday
English and German-speaking Tour: Wednesday
5 hoursStart time
Tel Aviv hotels: 0715h (07:15am)
Crown Plaza City Center Azrieli Hotel: 0745h (07:45am)
Duration: 5 hours
Your hotel in Tel Aviv.
(Please mention your hotel details at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 24 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details)
Alternative pick-up: You can join the tour directly at Crown Plaza City Center Azrieli Hotel near Train terminal.
The tour concludes at the Old City Jerusalem.
Enter the Old City of Jerusalem and walk through the old Roman "Cardo" and the Jewish Quarter. Visit the Western Wall, the most sacred site in Jerusalem for Jews. See the Via Dolorosa (Way of the Cross) and Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
Climb up the Mount of Zion to visit the Tomb of David, the room of the Last Supper and the Dormition Abbey.
You will be picked up from your hotel in Tel Aviv in an air-conditioned coach and taken for a Half Day Tour of Jerusalem Old City. A bilingual guide (English and Spanish/French/German) will accompany you on this tour.
The highlights of the Old City include:
• Roman Cardo: The cardo was the centre of economic life in ancient Jerusalem, lined with shops, merchants and vendors.
• Jewish Quarter: Spend approximately 30 minutes in this part of the Old City. Some of the oldest synagogues can be found here.
• The Western Wall: (duration 20min) Also known as the Wailing Wall, this wall is a sacred symbol of faith for devout Jews.
• Via Dolorosa: (walk 30min) The Way of the Cross, is where Jesus is believed to have traveled carrying the cross for his trial to the place of his crucifixion and burial.
• Church of the Holy Sepulchre: (30min duration). This is revered by Christians as the site of the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. In the 4th century, Helena, the mother of Emperor Constantine and a convert to Christianity, traveled to Palestine and identified the location of the crucifixion; her son then built a magnificent church in that spot.
• David Tomb: Continue walking for about 20 minutes to the Mount of Zion to visit the David Tomb, a much-revered site that has been variously owned and jealously guarded by Christians, Muslims and Jews throughout its history. Today it is a Jewish holy site.
• The room of the Last Supper: Located directly above the Tomb of David and near the Dormition Abbey on Mount Zion, the Last Supper Room is a second-story room that commemorates the "upper room" in which Jesus shared the Last Supper with the disciples.
• The Dormition Abbey: A German Benedictine church, this abbey is known for its blue conical roof, four ornamented turrets and a famous clock tower. It commemorates the "falling asleep" (dormitio) of the Virgin Mary.
The tour ends in the Jerusalem Old City.
Please call the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour to confirm all departure details.
It is mandatory to state your passport (country) and passport number. This is necessary to finalize a booking, as people who hold just Israeli citizenship need to pay 18% V.A.T. on addition to the given price (people of Israeli citizenship wishing to book are requested to contact us).
If you require a guide who speaks German, French, or Spanish (in addition to English) please state your preferred language when booking. Tour can be run in just one language.
Please bring your passport with you.
Animals are not permitted on the tour.