You will be picked up from your hotel/closest pick-up point and taken in a luxury air-conditioned vehicle for a sightseeing tour of Johannesburg and Soweto. A professional English-speaking guide will accompany you on this tour.
The highlights in Johannesburg include:
• Downtown Johannesburg historical buildings
• Hillbrow Tower, the highest structure in Johannesburg, and probably the city's most recognisable landmark
• Travel past Brixton Tower, an affluent suburb of Houghton
• Supreme Court
• Nelson Mandela Bridge in Newtown, the longest bridge in South Africa
The tour will then continue to the neighbouring township of Soweto, situated just 15 kilometres southwest of Johannesburg.
Your coach will drive you past African merchants of traditional medicines, a typical four-roomed dwelling, an informal settlement, affluent suburbs, a creche and an old-age home.
The other highlights of this tour include:
• Hector Peterson Memorial: A tribute to the 13-year old boy who was killed during the student uprising in Soweto.
Your visit will also include a full view of Soweto from the vicinity of Baragwanath Hospital, the largest in the world.
At the end of the tour, you will be dropped back at your hotel/closest drop-off point.