Moscow, and indeed all Russia, pivots around the Kremlin; a towering fortified complex that is the lifeline of the nation’s history, culture and politics. Inside the Kremlin walls there are five palaces, four cathedrals and the enclosing Kremlin Wall with Kremlin towers. The complex serves as the official residence of the President of the Russian Federation.
Marvel at the dazzling collection of the Diamond Fund, consisting of precious jewellery, including one of the largest diamonds in the world.
Enjoy a visit to the Armoury Museum, which was Moscow’s first museum and houses ancient Russian regalia which belonged to the Tsars.
This tour gives you the chance to see the most exciting sights of the Russian capital. On The Kremlin - Cathedrals, Armoury and Diamond Fund Tour, you will learn many interesting facts about Russian history, get acquainted with the legendary places of Moscow and admire the treasures of the Armoury Museum and the Diamond Fund.
On this tour you will visit:
• The Kremlin: The Kremlin is such a fascinating structure; an ancient tower, the city’s former military fortification, a palace, an armoury, the sovereign treasury and the workplace of the Russian President. The Kremlin is the center of Russia’s political life and State power and has been home to Tsars, General Secretaries of the Soviet Union and Russian Presidents. You will visit the Assumption Cathedral, the Archangel’s Cathedral and the Annunciation Cathedral.
• The Armoury: It is one of the oldest museums in Moscow and the first museum in Moscow open to the public. The museum has a collection of precious items which belonged to the Tsars. This treasure house presents ancient Russian regalia, ceremonial dress of the Tsars, royal carriages and horse ceremonial harnesses.The museum contains more than ten thousand exhibits dated from the 12th to the 20th century.
• Diamond Fund: Diamond Fund was set up in 1922; it is a unique collection of gems, jewellery and natural nuggets, stored and exhibited in the Moscow Kremlin. The visitors can admire the world-famous 190-carat Orlov Diamond and the Coronation Crown of Catherine the Great.
• Lenin's Mausoleum: This monumental granite structure is the final resting place of Vladimir Lenin.
• The Saviour’s (Spasskaya) Tower: The Gothic-turreted clock tower stands on the north-eastern side of the Kremlin. The gate of the Spasskaya Tower has been the official entrance to the Kremlin for centuries.
• State Historical Museum: A museum of Russian history with exhibits dating back to prehistoric tribes.
• St. Basil’s Cathedral: Also known as the Cathedral of the Intercession, this is one of Russia’s most recognised monuments. It is a multi-tented church that features distinctive onion domes and redbrick towers.
• Kazan Cathedral: A Russian Orthodox church in Red Square. The current building is a reconstruction of the original church, which was destroyed at the direction of then Premier of the Soviet Union, Joseph Stalin in 1936.
Your tour ends at Katafiya Tower or your hotel (depends on your choice).
Tour was superb but didn't quite reflect the title. Despite mentioning Red square, St Basils etc the tour was solely the Kremlin. We did not mind this as we had already seen the... R C Anderson
Daily except Thursday
Start time: 0930h (09:30am)
Duration: 5 hours
The Kremlin Walking Tour:
Tour starts from the Hotel reception.
The Kremlin Tour with Transport:
Your hotel in the city. (Please mention your hotel details at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 48 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details).
Your hotel in the city/ Katafiya Tower
The start time of the tour is flexible, please state your preferred time when booking.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details
This is a private tour and operates with a minimum of two people.
See the Cancellation policy for this product