You will be picked up from 26, Damrak in Amsterdam for this Amsterdam city tour and Canal Cruise. You will first travel by coach through the old and new parts of the city and then take a one hour boat ride along the canals. On this Amsterdam sightseeing tour, you will see:
• The Royal Palace: Originally built as the city hall for the magistrates of Amsterdam, it is now used mainly for official state functions.
• The National Monument: A tall obelisk built as an homage to the victims of WWII. The two lions that stand beneath are the heraldic symbol of Netherlands.
• The Skinny Bridge: A traditional double-leaf, Dutch draw-bridge, also called Magere Brug. It connects the banks of the river Amstel and opens every twenty minutes or so to let boats through.
• The Albert Cuyp Market: Considered by many to be the best-known and busiest outdoor market in Europe.
• Diamond Factory: Visit one of the diamond factories for which Amsterdam is so well renowned.
You will then board a boat for your Amsterdam canal cruise. As you journey along the canal banks you will see traditional Dutch windmills, seventeenth century merchant houses, churches with bell towers, seventeenth century warehouses and the old harbour.
Your tour will end at 26 Damrak, Amsterdam.