This tour is available in two options – coach and private. The private option offers you greater flexibility and you can spend as much or as little time at any of the places that you visit. Unlike the tight schedules of coach tours, the private option allows you to do the tour at your own pace.
You will be picked up from your hotel in Kuching and taken in a coach/ private vehicle on a sightseeing tour of the city.
The highlights of the tour include:
• Cat Statue: This is a giant white plaster cat sitting at the end of Jalan Padungan with one front paw raised and its backside turned toward the city and has become a mascot of the city.
• Kuching Waterfront: Eating and entertainment facilities as well as a number of preserved old buildings decorate the 900 metres stretch of the waterfront. The waterfront offers spectacular views of the historical buildings and villages.
• Tua Pek Kong Temple:The century-old Chinese temple is the oldest of its kind in Kuching. It is particularly famous for its Wang Kang celebration to commemorate the spirit of the dead.
• Fort Margherita: Built in 1878, the fort commands a breathtaking and strategic position along the Sarawak river. It was built to defend Kuching against pirate attacks from the river. The fort has since been renovated and now serves as a police museum.
• Istana: Set among the rolling lawns on the northern bank of the Sarawak river, the majestic palace was built in 1870 by Rajah Charles Brooke, the second white Rajah, as a bridal gift for his wife, Ranee Margaret Brooke. It is now the official residence of Sarawak's Head of the State and has served as the venue for numerous state functions throughout the years.
• Sarawak Museum: Reputed to be one of the best in the world, it is built in the style of a Normandy townhouse. It houses an incredible collection of ancient tribal artefacts, whale skeletons, a huge cat display and a re-creation of a longhouse complete with head-hunted skulls, among others.
At the end of the tour, you will be dropped back at your hotel in Kuching.