Capture on camera the beauty of Venice against the backdrop of the setting sun! This entirely car-free European city is world-famous for its canals. It is built on an archipelago of 118 islands formed by about 150 canals in a shallow lagoon. The islands on which the city is built are connected by about 400 bridges. In the old centre, the canals serve the function of roads, and every form of transport is on water or on foot.
This specially designed photography tour will help you to discover and experience a city through the eyes of a local photographer.
Your guide-cum-photographer has an in-depth local knowledge, a passion for the city and for the art of photography.
So bring your camera and be prepared to walk, shoot and click away! Let each photograph carry your distinctive signature!
The tour is starts from Vaporetto line 1 "Arsenale". You will be accompanied by a bilingual photographer-guide (English and Italian-speaking).
On this unique photography tour, you will photograph Venice against the backdrop of the setting sun. Visit some of the most famous places in Venice and understand from a photographic point of view, the Venetians’ life, their markets, the bars and the mysterious and hidden places.
Some of the places you will photograph are:
• St Mark's Square: St. Mark's Square lies in the heart of Venice and is one the most photographed attractions in the world. The square is defined by arcades on three sides and St. Mark's church on the eastern end. During the day, St. Mark's Square is filled with people, pigeons and music.
• Doge’s Palace: Located on the eastern end of St. Mark's Square right next to St. Mark's Church, the Doge's Palace is a beautiful Gothic building that used to be the home of the Venetian doges. The rooms inside the palace are full of frescoes depicting the history of the Republic by Masters such as Tiepolo, Tiziano, Veronese, Bassano and Palma il Giovane, all kept in valuable golden wooden frames.
• The Venice Lagoon: Venice is surrounded by one of the most ecologically rich bodies of water in the Mediterranean: the Laguna Véneta, or Venetian Lagoon. The Laguna is a crescent-shaped body of water between the Italian mainland and the Adriatic sea.
• Ponte della Paglia: Ponte della Paglia is a stone bridge next to the Doge's Palace that connects St. Mark's and Castello districts in Venice. This bridge is a great vantage point for getting the best views of the famous Bridge of Sighs located just behind it.
• Ponte dei Sospiri or The Bridge of Sighs: This is one of the most popular tourist sights in Venice. The Bridge of Sighs is a small stone bridge that connects the Doge's Palace with prison cells. The bridge received its name because of the sighs of the prisoners that were led to the terrible prison cells.
At the end of the session your photographer-guide will review some of the photos taken (if you are carrying a digital camera). You will have learnt the basics of composition, the importance of light in photography, how to take balanced and attractive images, and simple techniques to take "creative" images.
The tour ends at the Vaporetto line 1 "Arsenale".
Apr - Oct: 1800h (6:00pm)
Nov - Mar: 1530h (3:30pm)
Duration: 3½ hours
The tour starts from Vaporetto line 1 "Arsenale".
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
The tour ends at Vaporetto line 1 "Arsenale".
Good walking shoes, a lightweight poncho (in case it rains) and a lightweight tripod are recommended Carry a small water bottle & sun hat A basic knowledge of operating the camera is required Please carry your camera, spare film rolls and batteries
Please email or send an sms the tour operator at least 72 hours prior to start of the tour to re-confirm. Details in your voucher.
The route is subject to change based on local conditions
Tour is conducted in rain or shine. In extreme conditions please call the local activity operator
See the Cancellation policy for this product