'Rome wasn't built in a day', as the saying goes. And there is so much to see in this great city.
This enjoyable bike tour, with an expert leader, is the very best way to discover Rome's treasures. You cover far more ground in less time than you would on foot and it’s great fun.
View the splendors of Imperial Rome: the splendid Colosseum, the marvelously preserved Pantheon, the vast Circus Maximus and the Imperial Forum.
Enjoy the beautiful Baroque features for which Rome is famous, such as the Fountain of Trevi and the Piazza Navona. See the Vatican City and the legendary Spanish Steps.
You should make your own way to the meeting point at Via di Sant’Eufemia #15.
Riding your comfortable rented bike, you will set off with your expert English-speaking tour leader. You will be able to stop and take pictures at the most photogenic spots.
Your route takes in the following highlights:
• Colosseum: The largest amphitheater ever built in the Roman Empire and used for gladiatorial contests and spectacles such as animal hunts. Estimates say about 500,000 people and over a million wild animals died in the Colosseum games.
• Vatican City: a walled enclave within Rome and the world’s smallest independent state! It is ruled by the Pope, who lives in the Apostolic Palace in the City. Also within the enclave are the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica.
• Piazza Navona: a very long piazza built on the ruins of an ancient Roman sports stadium. The piazza marks the line of the race-track. With many fine buildings and three magnificent fountains, it includes some of the best examples of the Baroque in Rome.
• Pantheon : originally built as a temple to all the gods of Ancient Rome. The best preserved of all Roman buildings, it has been in continuous use throughout its history. Since the 7th century it has been a Catholic church.
• Piazza di Spagna : one of Rome’s prettiest squares. It lies at the bottom of the monumental staircase known as the Spanish Steps, said to be the longest and widest staircase in Europe. At the top of the stairway is the lovely rose-colored Trinatà dei Monti church.
• Lungotevere (Castle Sant Angelo) : This massive castle was built by Emperor Hadrian as a tomb for himself and his family. Over the years it has served as a fortress, prison and barracks, and is now a vast museum.
• Fontana di Trevi : the largest and most ambitious of the Baroque fountains of Rome. Legend says that if visitors throw a coin into the fountain, they are ensured a return to Rome.
• Circus Maximus : the largest stadium in ancient Rome. It could seat 250,000 people, one quarter of Rome's population. The Circus was in use for around one thousand years, mainly for chariot races.
• Imperial Forum: built by Julius Caesar and the first of several Imperial Forums in Rome. These Forums were a gathering place and a center for religion and politics.
At the end of your exciting bike tour of Rome you will be dropped back at the starting point at Via di Sant’Eufemia #15, near the Piazza Venezia.
The Rome bicycle tour and our guide was amazing. However, I doubt I will ever us eisango services again. I was told that there was a problem with my mother^s credit card. ... Eileen Jutta Streich
A great way to see the sites of Rome. I was apprehensive beforehand but needn't have been. The cycling was nearly all on flat ground and the bike was easier to ride than my... JANE CASWELL
10 Jan - 20 Dec: Daily Except Sunday
Start time: 1000h (10:00am) Duration: 3 hours
The meeting point of the Rome Segway tour is Via di Sant’Eufemia #15, Rome (close to the Piazza Venezia).
Please report at the meeting point 10 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
The tour ends at the starting point
Don’t forget the camera!
Please call the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour to confirm the departure details.
We kindly ask all our guests to be at least 10 minutes before the touring hour. We will wait for latecomers a maximum 10 minutes before the pre-established departure time, then the orientation session will start so that all the customers can Enjoy the complete time paid.
Before the tour starts you must provide us an Identification with the confirmation voucher
The meeting point is at the Segway Office located in Via di Sant’Eufemia #15, Rome, it is very close to the Piazza Venezia. To find our office take as a reference the Vittoriano (big white monument located in piazza Venezia). Facing it, cross Via dei Fori Imperiali and walk in direction of the white column with spirals around and a statue on the top. Keep walking leaving the column on your right and the churches on your left. As soon as you overcome the second church, turn left into Via di Sant’Eufemia.
See the Cancellation policy for this product