For this three-hour walking tour you will be picked up from your hotel in Budapest at 0930h (9:30am). You will be accompanied by an English and German speaking guide.
The highlights of this sightseeing tour are:
• The Dohány Street Synagogue: The world's second largest synagogue.
• Jewish Museum: The museum mostly contains 18th and 19th century art treasures and exhibits arranged in three main rooms according to their significance in rituals such as the Sabbath.
• Cemetery in the Jewish Garden: This is the eternal resting place for the victims buried in common graves.
• Tree of Life: The Tree of Life is modelled after a weeping willow and is a memorial to the 600,000 Jewish-Hungarians who were victims of the holocaust.
• Temple of Heroes: The temple commemorates the Jewish soldiers who fought in the ranks of the Hungarian army in World War I. This small prayer house bears traits of ancient Babylonian style, however radiates modernity with its white walls.
You can then stroll through the ancient Jewish Ghetto and visit an orthodox synagogue. Please note that the museum and synagogue reserve the right to stop visitors without notice during special events.
The tour ends at a restaurant in the Jewish quarter where you could enjoy some special Jewish food.Note: Cost of the meal is not included in the tour price.