This is truly a great way to experience the enchanting city of Paris and enjoy a panoramic view in an open-top French 2CV car. Climb into an original refurbished 2CV one of the truly French icons know all over the world and where better to try one than in Paris. It's a little tight inside - but that's part of the fun as you drive through the streets and look up though the see through roof at the lights. A city steeped in history and renowned for its monuments, architectures and cultures, your chauffeur will be pleased to share with you lots of anecdotes on Parisian life.
Renowned for the joie de vivre of its residents, Paris welcomes visitors with its magnificent architecture and rich history. Montmartre – the artistic heart of the city, the famous cabaret Moulin Rouge in Pigalle place, the imposing Eiffel Tower, the grand Place de la Concorde and the majestic Sacre Coeur basilica built in Roman-Byzantine style, await visitors in what is arguably one of the most romantic cities in the world.
Art and architecture, grand restaurants and street corner cafes, magnificent gothic buildings and the modernistic Louvre pyramid make the city an absolute delight!
This is a private tour. You will be picked up from your hotel or any address in Paris centre and travel around the city in a traditional French Citroën 2CV car, ‘Blue, white and red’ in colour. Open-top in summers and see-through roof in winters, the 2CV allows you an exceptional panoramic view of the Parisian monuments. A far cry from the conventional formula, your multilingual driver-/guide speaking English and French will share with you his knowledge on the city and some interesting anecdotes. Your experienced driver/guide knows each and every corner of the French capital and will be able to tell you all sorts of anecdotes. You will be shown around the following sites:
• Montmartre: Set on a 130-metre high hill, the area of Montmartre looks out over all of Paris. It is the centre of artistic life in Paris and the model of a free, bohemian existence. Famous artists like Picasso lived, worked and played here.
• Sacre Coeur: This majestic basilica is located atop the Montmartre hill. The basilica was built by Paul Abadie in a Roman-Byzantine style. The architectural style of the basilica stands in sharp contrast with the other monuments in France which were built in a Romanesque-style.
• Moulin Rouge: It is a traditional cabaret built in 1889 by Josep Oller. Situated near Montmartre in the Paris red-light district of Pigalle, it offers music and dance entertainment for adult visitors from around the world.
• Pigalle: It is a famous red-light district near Montmartre. Home to some of the famous cabarets in Paris such as Moulin Rouge, it is a popular hotspot for the more risqué crowd.
• Opera Garnier: The opera building was designed for Napoleon III by architect Charles Garnier.
• Place Vendome: It is a beautiful square in Paris renowned for the symmetry of its architecture. You will come across arcaded buildings in a uniform design surrounding the square, with its memorial column at the centre.
• Pyramided u Louvre: It is one of the finest museums in the world and is home to thousands of classic and modern masterpieces. The museum has over 35,000 works of art including paintings by Leonardo Da Vinci, Rembrandt, Vermeer and Cezanne among others.
• Place de la Concorde: It is one of the major squares in Paris, at the eastern end of the Champs Elysees. At the centre of the square sits a giant Egyptian obelisk.
• Avenue des Champs Elysees: It is the most prestigious and broadest avenue in Paris. You will come across cinemas, cafes and luxury specialty shops among others lining the street. Interestingly, it is the second most expensive strip of real estate in the world (after New York City’s Fifth Avenue) with rents as high as $1.25 million a year for 100 metre square of space.
• Arc de Triomphe: It is one of the most iconic of all French monuments. Standing 51 metre high and 45 metre wide the Arc De Triomphe affords some of the finest views over Paris, from the Champs Elysées toward the Louvre, over the Place de la Concorde and La Grande Arche de la Défense.
• Eiffel Tower: Constructed between 1887 to 1889, it is a 325-metre high iron tower built on the Champ de Mars beside Seine river in Paris. It is the tallest structure in Paris and one of the most recognizable in the world, named after its designer, engineer Gustave Eiffel.
After sightseeing in Paris, you will be dropped back to your hotel or accommodation.
Safe, friendly and fun tour with a lovely guide. My daughter and I loved our evening tour and have reccomended it already.... mrs a h barrett
We had short duration in Paris, 1st time in the city, and we took this tour same night we arrived! EXCELLENT tour guide "Arnold" very respectable, very knowledgeable and... Anonymous
Start Time: Your preferred time from 10:00am to 10:00pm
Duration: 2 hours
Your hotel or accommodation in Paris centre. (Please advise your hotel details at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 24 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details.)
Your hotel or accommodation in Paris centre
Please call the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details.
Maximum number of travelers for this product is 3 including children.
See the Cancellation policy for this product