On this tour of Cambodia, take a road trip from Thailand and discover the wonders of Siem Reap. Visit the majestic UNESCO World Heritage Site of Angkor Wat and the Angkor Thom and learn about Khmer history and culture.
Browse through the old market places selling traditional wares where you can hunt for bargains. Visit temples like the Banteay Srei and the Pre Rup with history that will leave you wanting more…
Day 1: Poipet, Thailand - Siem Reap
You will be picked up from either your hotel or the airport in Poipet and taken in an air-conditioned coach across the Thailand-Cambodia border at Poipet towards Siem Reap. This journey by road takes about eight hours.
Arrive at Siem Reap and check-into your hotel (Lotus Angkor Hotel, Borei Angkor Hotel, Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa or Angkor Palace Resort & Spa, depending upon the option selected). Your package includes daily American breakfast.
Overnight at your hotel in Siem Reap.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Angkor
After breakfast at your hotel set out for a guided sightseeing tour of Angkor.
On this tour you will:
• Visit the majestic 12th century Angkor Wat, a temple built for King Suryavarman II as his state temple and capital city. It is the largest and best-preserved temple at the this UNESCO World Heritage Site. It epitomises the classical style of Khmer architecture.
• Visit Angkor Thom - a fortified Royal City built by King Jayavarman VII, who ruled from 1181 to 1201. The city has five monumental gates and is encircled by a moat 100 meters wide. In the centre of the walled city are the city’s most important monuments including Bayon, Baphuon, the Terrace of Elephants, the Terrace of the Leper King and Phimeanakas with Royal Enclosure.
Later, watch the sun set over the Cambodian countryside from the upper terraces of an ancient Angkorian temple.
At the end of this sightseeing tour you will be dropped back at your hotel for your overnight stay in Siem Reap.
Day 3: Sightseeing in Angkor
After breakfast at your hotel set out for another guided sightseeing tour of Angkor, its wonderfully preserved temples and quaint markets.
• Visit the Banteay Srei Temple. Built in the late 10th century, it is a Hindu temple dedicated to Shiva. The temple is square with entrances on the east and west. Of main interest are the three central towers which are decorated with male and female divinities and beautiful filigree relief work.
• Visit Ta Prohm one of the most popular attractions of Angkor. Since much of the jungle has not been cleared and it looks very much as most of the Angkor monuments would have appeared when European explorers first stumbled across them.
• See the Pre Rup Temple that was built as the state temple of King Rajendravarman. Pre Rup was dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva. The extensive use of laterite and brick give it a pleasing reddish tone that is heightened by early morning and late afternoon sunlight.
• Explore Psah Chah or the old market in the middle of the town, destroyed by the Khmer Rouge in 1975 and reopened in 1996. It has many food stalls and souvenir shops.
At the end of this sightseeing tour you will be dropped back at your hotel in Siem Reap for your overnight stay.
Day 4: Depart Siem Reap - Arrive in Poipet
Check-out from your hotel after breakfast. You will be picked up from the hotel and taken in an air-conditioned coach for your return journey to the Poipet border.
Your tour ends with a drop off at either your hotel or the airport in Poipet.
4 Days/3 Nights
Airport: Depends on your flight arrival time at Poipet
Hotel: The exact start time of the tour will be communicated to you after confirmation of booking
Duration: 4 Days/3 Nights
Your hotel or airport in Poipet. (Please mention your hotel/flight details at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 24 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details.)
Your hotel or airport in Poipet
Wear comfortable lightweight clothing. Most of the sightseeing tours require a moderate amount of walking so wear sturdy walking shoes. Carry sunblock and don't forget your camera and film. Wearing shorts is not recommended for visiting temples
Please make sure you have a valid Thai visa to re-enter Thailand from Popiet as the same cannot be renewed from the immigration check-point at the Popiet Border.
The visa fee for Cambodia is US$20 and you will require 1 passport-size photograph when you fill out the visa application form.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming tour details.
Based on twin-sharing in double rooms.
Angkor Holiday Hotel (Superior)
Casa Angkor Hotel (Standard)
Royal Empire Hotel (Superior)
Khemara Angkor Hotel (Deluxe)
Angkor Riviera Hotel (Superior) (No Extra Bed)
Compulsory gala dinners and peak season surcharges may apply during peak periods surrounding the public holidays of Christmas and New Year - these surcharges will be confirmed at the time of booking.
See the Cancellation policy for this product