Upon your arrival at Siem Reap, a small charming gateway town to the world famous heritage the Angkor temples, you will be picked up from the airport and transferred to the hotel of your choice.
Check into your hotel (Lotus Angkor Hotel, Borei Angkor Hotel, Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa or Angkor Palace Resort & Spa, depending upon the option selected). Your package includes daily American breakfast.
Stay overnight at your hotel in Siem Reap.
After breakfast, you will be picked up from your hotel in Siem Reap in an air-conditioned coach for a guided sightseeing tour of Angkor.
On this tour, you will visit the magnificent temples of Angkor:
• Visit the majestic 12th century Angkor Wat, a temple built for King Suryavarman II as his state temple and capital city. It is the largest and best-preserved temple at the site. It epitomises the classical style of Khmer architecture.
• Visit Angkor Thom, the last and most enduring capital city of the Khmer empire. It was established in the late twelfth century by king Jayavarman VII. It covers an area of 9 square kilometres, within which are located several monuments from earlier eras.
• Proceed towards Ta Prohm, a temple that was built in the late 12th and early 13th centuries. Located approximately one kilometre east of Angkor Thom and on the southern edge of the East Baray near Tonle Bati, it was built by King Jayavarman VII as a Mahayana Buddhist monastery and university.
• Visit Sras Srang: The royal pool is situated opposite the East gate of Banteay Kdei. It is known as the King's bath.
• Visit Banteay Kdei Temple: This temple was constructed by Jayavarman VII during the 12th and 13th centuries. Built in sandstone, the temple has retained some very beautiful lintels and pediments.
Later, watch the sun set over the Cambodian countryside from the upper terraces of an ancient Angkorian temple.
At the end of this sightseeing tour you will be dropped back at your hotel for your overnight stay.
After breakfast in the hotel you will be picked up and transferred to the airport for your onward journey. Your tour ends with a drop-off at the airport.