Discover the many wonders of the Blue Mountains National Park with this fun and flexible hop-on hop-off bus tour.
Join the tour at Katoomba station (easily reached by train from Sydney), or from any of the other stops. Sit back and enjoy the entertaining live commentary.
Whenever you feel like it, jump off to enjoy the many attractions of this stunningly beautiful area. The tour route, with 13 convenient stops, gives you access to easy bush trails and stupendous views of the mountains, forest and famous waterfalls. Don’t miss the chance to ride the Katoomba Scenic Railway – the steepest in the world – past lush forest and rock walls frothing with ferns.
Plus you can visit Echo Point and see the striking rock formation known as The Three Sisters. Learn the aboriginal legend attached to them. Or go to the amazing Toy and Railway Museum, and the glorious Everglades Gardens and much more.
When you’re done with sightseeing, you can always hop back on the bus, or stop to enjoy a relaxing coffee and snack. It’s your call!
To join your Hop-On Hop-Off Blue Mountain Explorer Bus Tour from Sydney you should take the train to Katoomba Railway Station and catch the Blue Mountain Explorer Bus at the Savoy Bus Stop. The first tour bus starts at 0945h (9:45am) and departs every 30 minutes until 1605h (4:05pm). You can join the tour at any of the stops on the route.
This is a hop-on hop-off tour which means that you can get off at any stop to go sightseeing and jump back on again when you are ready. With buses arriving every 30 minutes this is easy to do. Your ticket is valid for 1 day , which gives you lots of time to look around.
If you want to just stay on the bus and see the sights through the windows, while listening to a live commentary in English, then the full round trip takes 50 minutes.
The tour has 13 stops, each with its own special attractions nearby.
• Katoomba Railway Station : Starting and ending point for the Blue Mountain Explorer. Opened in 1874, it serves intercity trains and is one of the main stations in the Blue Mountains.
• Craft Shops, Art Galleries : Hop off the bus here to explore the enticing art galleries, antique shops and craft shops of Katoomba.
• Waterfalls Rainforest Walk : This delightful walk shows you beautiful views, birdlife, rainforest and luxuriant ferns and dramatic waterfalls.
• Katoomba Cascades : The best stop for the exciting Scenic Railway – the steepest in the world! Or you can stroll down to the popular Katoomba Cascades.
• Three Sisters Plaza: Closest stop for the Three Sisters and Prince Henry Cliff Walk. The Walk starts at Gordon Falls Picnic Area and follows the cliff top past Leura Cascades and Echo Point, ending near the top of the Scenic Railway in Katoomba.
• Cliff Top Walk: Glorious views and plenty of fresh air
• Leura Cascades: There is a short and easy walk down the canyon to the top of Bridal Veil Falls. No steep stairs, suitable for most people.
• Toy and Railway Museum: A world famous collection of toys and dolls, teddy bears, tinplate, ships, automobiles, airplanes, and trains, plus a permanent Barbie Doll exhibition and NSW Railway memorabilia. The collection is housed in a glorious 5 hectare historic Blue Mountains garden and family mansion.
• Leura Village: A pretty village with a well-preserved historic streetscape. Leura is home to many formal, English-style gardens which open to the public in early October each year.
• Everglades Gardens: One of Australia’s foremost heritage gardens, dating from the 1930s. It sits in 12 ½ acres of European-style gardens and native Australian bush with breathtaking views over the Jamison Valley.
• Leura Resorts: Easy access to Leura’s hotels.
• Leura Railway Station: Opened in 1890 this is a regional railway station on the Blue Mountains Line of the CityRail intercity network.
• Katoomba Railway Station: Back to the starting point. Here you can catch the train back to Sydney.
You can end the tour at your own convenience at any of the 13 stops.
Very easy and informative way of seeing local sights and tourist attractions , bus drivers always well informed and helpful , highly recommended way of getting around local...Mr Kevin Pope
Enjoyed the tour with family, the guide was friendly and added charm to the trip. We had enough time to explore places on our own and catch up with the next bus to carry on with...VANAMALA PARTHIBAN
The tour was excellent, the bus covered all areas of Sydney with knowledgable drivers. The buses were regular and I could hop on, hop off at any time....Miss K A Kinnear
Full bus tour lasts 50 minutes if you stay on the bus. Ticket is valid for 1 Day
First bus starts at 9:45am and departs every 60 minutes until 4:05pm
Full Loop: 55 minutes
Katoomba Railway Station (Savoy Bus Stop), easily reached by train from Sydney
Katoomba Railway Station
Wear casual clothes and comfortable shoes. Carry drinking water and use sun protection if you go on any of the bush walks. Don’t forget the camera!
Your ticket is valid for 1 Day
The route of the hop-on, hop-off tour is subject to change.
At present the bush fires in the Blue Mountains have not reached the tourist areas and many tours are operating as normal or with slight itinerary amendments. However it may be necessary to cancel a tour in which case a full refund will be given.
Voucher information: You must print and surrender a paper version of your booking voucher for this activity (showing your voucher on a smartphone is not accepted). No refund can be given for customers without a printed copy of their voucher.
Your voucher will be valid for 3 months from the date chosen at the time of booking.
Partial wheelchair access - No ramp but wheelchair space on board the bus.
Ability to load & store fold up - not fully accessible yet.
See the Cancellation policy for this product