This classic walk offers a complete overview of Paris. Gain a fantastic orientation to the ‘City of Light’ as you see the monuments and buildings that you have so often heard about.
Visit the Place de la Concorde, an important landmark associated with the French Revolution and see the Louvre Museum immortalised in the Da Vinci Code.
No visit to Paris can be complete without a stroll along the Champs-Elysées or the River Seine. As you stroll you will see the Eiffel Tower, Musée D’Orsay and Notre Dame and much much more!
This walking tour departs from 24, rue Edgar Faure at 1000h (10:00am). Accompanied by an English-speaking guide, you will walk past the following places:
• Notre Dame: Learn about the cathedral’s history, architecture, detailed façade and the coronation of a famous, albeit short, emperor.
• St. Chapelle: The chapel was built to house Christ’s crown of thorns and a piece of his cross.
• Louvre Museum: The museum was the former seat of the French throne and is now considered to be the grandest museum in the world.
• Musée D’Orsay: The museum is world famous for its Impressionist collection.
• Stop for lunch at a charming café nestled in the Tuileries Gardens (not included).
• Place de la Concorde: This was the site of royal beheadings during the French Revolution.
• Champs-Elysées: This is undoubtedly one of the most famous avenues in the world.
• Arc de Triomphe: The monument was commissioned by Napoléon in honour of his army’s victories.
• Pont Alexander III: It is considered to be one of the most beautiful bridges in the city.
• Les Invalides & Napoléon’s Tomb: Admire the beautiful complex topped with the golden dome over the Emperor’s tomb.
• Ecole Militaire: See this former French military school with the World War II damage still scarring the façade.
• Eiffel Tower: Built in 1889, the Eiffel Tower remains the eternal symbol of Paris.
The tour concludes at the point of departure.
Very informative and fun time with our enthusiastic guide, Octavia. She is very knowledgeable with French history and passionate about her job. Two thumbs up!!...Eunice Park
Our guide Stephanie was very enthusiastic and knowledgable! In addition to this, she had a wicked sense of humour! Definitely recommend doing the tour, so you know where and what...A Tzortzoglou
Our tour guide, Rachel, had fantastic energy as she explained the history and significance of each of the attractions along our walking tour. Her enthusiasm and excitement made...Mark Chiang
01 Mar - 31 Oct: Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday
The tour departs from 24, rue Edgar Faure, 75015 Paris.
The closest Métro station is Dupleix (line 6).
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
The tour ends at the starting point.
Please call the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour to confirm the departure details.
Directions to reach 24, Edgar Faure from the Métro station Dupleix (line 6): This is an elevated station and you must descend to street level to exit the station. At the bottom of the stairs take the exit to the right and you’ll find yourself at an intersection. Cross the intersection onto rue Humblot and walk to the far end of the street (about 200 yards). Turn left along the side of the park and walk 50 yards. Turn left on rue Edgar Faure.
See the Cancellation policy for this product