This walking tour departs from 24, rue Edgar Faure at 1000h (10:00am). Accompanied by an English-speaking guide, you will walk past the following places:
• Notre Dame: Learn about the cathedral’s history, architecture, detailed façade and the coronation of a famous, albeit short, emperor.
• St. Chapelle: The chapel was built to house Christ’s crown of thorns and a piece of his cross.
• Louvre Museum: The museum was the former seat of the French throne and is now considered to be the grandest museum in the world.
• Musée D’Orsay: The museum is world famous for its Impressionist collection.
• Stop for lunch at a charming café nestled in the Tuileries Gardens (not included).
• Place de la Concorde: This was the site of royal beheadings during the French Revolution.
• Champs-Elysées: This is undoubtedly one of the most famous avenues in the world.
• Arc de Triomphe: The monument was commissioned by Napoléon in honour of his army’s victories.
• Pont Alexander III: It is considered to be one of the most beautiful bridges in the city.
• Les Invalides & Napoléon’s Tomb: Admire the beautiful complex topped with the golden dome over the Emperor’s tomb.
• Ecole Militaire: See this former French military school with the World War II damage still scarring the façade.
• Eiffel Tower: Built in 1889, the Eiffel Tower remains the eternal symbol of Paris.
The tour concludes at the point of departure.