This classic walk offers a complete overview of Paris. Gain a fantastic orientation to the ‘City of Light’ as you see the monuments and buildings that you have so often heard about.
Visit the Place de la Concorde, an important landmark associated with the French Revolution and see the Louvre Museum immortalised in the Da Vinci Code.
No visit to Paris can be complete without a stroll along the Champs-Elysées or the River Seine. As you stroll you will see the Eiffel Tower, Musée D’Orsay and Notre Dame and much much more!
This walking tour departs from 36, Avenue de la Bourdonnais. Accompanied by an English-speaking guide, you will walk past the following places:
• Eiffel Tower: Built in 1889, the Eiffel Tower remains the eternal symbol of Paris. • Ecole Militaire: See this former French military school with the World War II damage still scarring the façade.
• Les Invalides & Napoléon’s Tomb: Admire the beautiful complex topped with the golden dome over the Emperor’s tomb.
• Pont Alexander III: It is considered to be one of the most beautiful bridges in the city.
• Champs-Elysées: This is undoubtedly one of the most famous avenues in the world.
• Place de la Concorde: This was the site of royal beheadings during the French Revolution.
• Stop for lunch at a charming café nestled in the Tuileries Gardens (not included).
• Musée D’Orsay: The museum is world famous for its Impressionist collection.
• Louvre Museum: The museum was the former seat of the French throne and is now considered to be the grandest museum in the world.
• St. Chapelle: The chapel was built to house Christ’s crown of thorns and a piece of his cross.
• Notre Dame: Learn about the cathedral’s history, architecture, detailed façade and the coronation of a famous, albeit short, emperor.
The tour ends at the Louvre.
Exceeded expectations in every way. Friendly welcome, Gil was a truly fantastic guide, great company, marvelous city. I would give the experience 100%...Teresa Richards
Very informative and fun time with our enthusiastic guide, Octavia. She is very knowledgeable with French history and passionate about her job. Two thumbs up!!...Eunice Park
Excellent and educational walk with an experienced guide,a real fun time....Richard A Lantry
01 Mar - 31 Oct: Monday at 10am
01 Mar - 31 Oct: Wednesday at 2pm
01 Apr - 30 Sep: Friday at 2pm
10am & 2pm
Your tour meets at our office located at 36, Avenue de la Bourdonnais.
The closest metro is Ecole Militaire on Line 8.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to tour departure. Once the tour has begun we do not have the ability to wait for and add late arrivals to the tour. All members of your party must be present at check-in.
The tour ends at the Louvre.
Please call the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour to confirm the departure details.
See the Cancellation policy for this product