Daily except SaturdayDuration
1.5 hoursStart time
Climbs depart between 11:30am - 2:30pm. (Please specify your preferred start time in the special request field at time of booking)Meeting Point
3 Cumberland Street, the Rocks. To reach this point make your way to Circular Quay (which is accessible by ferry, bus or train), then walk along George Street, then up Argyle Street (take the Argyle Stairs) to Cumberland Street.
Please reach the meeting point at least 20 minutes prior to the start time.
Same as the start point.
The Sydney Harbour Bridge is a world-renowned symbol of Australia. It is positioned across the stunning natural harbour with amazing views, making it the most photographed feature of the city.
This economical tour is suitable for people who are wary of heights or don’t want to go all the way up to the summit. In just 1.5 hours, you can ascend the inner arch of the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge to a spectacular vantage point halfway to the top. Led by a trained guide, you will have a unique experience and amazing views to enjoy as you climb the iconic landmark.
Every ticket to the Halfway Climb includes a climb group photograph and a Bridge Climb cap. This is one of the most popular things to do in Sydney and places are limited – book ahead to avoid disappointment. Once in a lifetime experience.
Your Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb commences from 3 Cumberland Street, The Rocks. Please be at the starting point 20 minutes before your climb starts.
Head to the Climb Base located within the original historic architecture of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Wear your Bridge suit gear and pick your harness and other protective gear to prepare yourself for the climb.
After safety briefing, accompanied by a climb leader you will proceed for your climb.
This “halfway” climb is an exciting 1.5 hour Harbour Bridge experience specially designed for people who have height concerns.
Venture along catwalks past the South-East Pylon, directly over Sydney Harbour. Commence your ascent to the halfway point on the inner arch on the Opera House side. As you cross over, to the Darling Harbour side of the Bridge, pause for a group photo at a unique vantage point within the Bridge. From here, you make a quick descent to the Climb Base.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour to confirm all details.
Voucher information: You must print and surrender a paper version of your booking voucher for this activity (showing your voucher on a smartphone is not accepted). No refund can be given for customers without a printed copy of their voucher.
Climbers must arrive and check-in at Bridge Climb 20 minutes prior to scheduled climb time.
This Climb is limited to 12 Climbers per Climb group.
Changes to time and date are permitted subject to availability and will incur a re-scheduling fee, payable direct. Reduction in number or identity of climbers is not permitted.
One paying adult climber (accompanying adult) must accompany every 3 climbers between the ages of 10 to 15 years inclusive.
To complete the climb you will need:
- Reasonable levels of fitness and strength
- Full body control and hand-eye-foot co-ordination
- Ability to climb independently (unsupported by walking aids)
Climb experience includes climbing high ladders and catwalks, uneven surfaces and narrow passageways and exposure to all weather conditions.
We do not recommend this tour in case of following conditions:
- All heart conditions (including high blood pressure)
- All respiratory conditions
- Back, limb, or joint injuries
- Missing limbs or part thereof inclusive of prosthetics
- Vertigo, dizziness or loss of balance
- Visual impairment (except wearing prescription glasses or contact lenses)
This tour is strongly NOT recommended to people who:
- Have a blood-alcohol reading of 0.05% or higher
- Have broken bones
- Have undergone surgery in the last 6 months or are experiencing ongoing symptoms
- Have experienced a fit or seizure in the past 6 months and do not hold a driver's license for this reason
If you take essential medication:
- At Bridge Climb's discretion, essential medication may be taken on the Climb (eg asthma inhalers or diabetic medication). Please speak with a team member on the climb day.
If you are pregnant:
- Pregnant Climbers less than 24 weeks must consult a medical practitioner before climbing and must ask the medical practitioner to sign a Bridge Climb Certificate of Fitness. (The certificate of fitness is available to download from the Bridge Climb website).
- Women over 24 weeks pregnant cannot climb