Monday and FridayDuration
13 hoursStart time
Pick-up is from below selected hotels in Sydney only.
• 7:15am - Crescent on Bayswater, Bayswater Rd, Kings Cross.
• 7:20am - Sydney Harbour Marriott, Pitt St, Circular Quay.
• 7:30am - Sheraton on the Park, Castlereagh Street.
• 7:35am - YHA Central, Rawson Place, Sydney.
Please reach the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to the departure.
The tour ends at the starting point
On this tour, see the Parliament House, a one billion dollar construction on Capital Hill which copies of the ‘Magna Carta’ and a 20-metre long tapestry. Reflecting Australia’s tangled social history, the National Museum or National Gallery will engage you with interactive displays as you learn of the country’s aboriginal and European history.
Learn more about Australia’s fascinating history on this tour which will show you the major attractions of Canberra.
You will be picked up from your selected hotel in Sydney or you can reach the departure point for this tour, Coach Interchange, Lower Level, Star City, Pirrama Road in time to board the coach for this sightseeing tour of Canberra. Listen to commentary in English as you visit attractions such as:
• National Museum of Australia: Enjoy a guided tour of this museum whose architecture is as fascinating as its displays which reflect Australia’s rich and varied history. Trace 50,000 years of indigenous heritage and settlement, and see the world’s largest collection of aboriginal bark paintings and stone tools.
• Parliament House: Enjoy a guided tour of this building with impressive architecture is impressive; over $1 billion was spent on its construction! You will have the opportunity to see the Upper or the Lower House (when in session).
• Australian War Memorial: Dedicated to the members of the armed forces, this museum has four distinct areas: the ANZAC Parade, a commemorative area, a memorial building and a sculpture garden. Listen to the history of the ANZAC’s (ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps) as you travel along this boulevard.
Continue in the coach to the summit of Mt. Ainslie from where you can enjoy panoramic views of Canberra and surrounds. On the way back to Sydney, there will be a short break for dinner (payable direct).
Later you will be dropped at the starting point in Sydney where the tour ends.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming the departure details.
Voucher information: You must print and surrender a paper version of your booking voucher for this activity (showing your voucher on a smartphone is not accepted). No refund can be given for customers without a printed copy of their voucher.
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have.
Good informative tour. Driver helpful with good explanations....
The trip was well organized. Our guide was enthusiastic and informative. We were very happy with the whole experience....
While there are many considerations you’ll have to take when you travel, one that you mustn’t skimp on is your health.
A hub of culture, both old and new, Stockholm invites all types of traveller to its doorstep.
Venture into salt mines, ice caves and fortresses in these storybook surrounds
The post 7 Spellbinding Sights A Stones-Throw Away From Salzburg appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.