2 hour 45 MinutesStart time
01 Apr - 31 Oct: 10:30am
01 Nov - 31 Mar: 11:30am
Duration: 2 hour 45 Minutes
417 Beach Street in Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco CA, 94133. Nearest cross street is Taylor Street.
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
The tour ends at the starting point
Step onto a Segway and get ready for an exciting tour of San Francisco’s hilly and crooked streets. From the perspective of a pedestrian and with the speed of a bicycle you’ll ride up the Lombard Street, the world's most famous “crookedest street”. This tour takes you through some of San Francisco's 350 hidden stairways and pedestrian-only lanes as well as Washington Square Park, the Golden Gate Bridge and more.
San Francisco is an upbeat, forward-thinking city with a rich artisan culture. With laid back atmosphere, beautiful coastlines and culinary delights, this is a perfect holiday destination. San Francisco, although a modern city, has many historical landmarks which you will come to know on this tour.
The tour begins at the Segway Tours Training Facility It is located at 417 Beach Street in Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco CA, 94133. Nearest cross street is Taylor Street.
You’ll take a 20 to 25 minute safety training before embarking on your Segway San Francisco Hills and Crooked Street Tour. The training provides first-time riders with the skills, knowledge, and experience needed to safely operate the Segway. You'll be guided through a simulated obstacle course of cones, turns, and an emergency stop to ensure a safe, enjoyable experience. The 30 to 45 minute training session includes:
• Hands-on training with an instructor
• Introductory video
• Test ride and skills review
• Rider courtesy instruction
• Rules of the road
Your English speaking guide will give you a narrated experience of this landmark-packed tour.
Your narrated Segway San Francisco Hills and Crooked Street Tour features spectacular views of the San Francisco Bay. This exciting journey will take you past the following places:
• Aquatic Park: Aquatic Park was once known as Black Point Cove, a natural landmark. Today, it is a recreational complex.
• Municipal Pier: Municipal Pier was built in the early 1930s as a recreational pier. Today it is popular among joggers, fisher folk and tourists alike.
• San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park: San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park has a historical fleet of ships anchored at Hyde Street Pier. Within the park there is a visitor center, a maritime museum, and a library/research facility.
• Golden Gate Bridge: One of San Francisco’s greatest landmarks. It was completed in 1937 and was an amazing achievement for that time period.
• Russian Hill: Russian Hill is a neighborhood that covers the boundaries of its hill. At the top of the hill there are beautiful views of the San Francisco Bay and Golden Gate Bridge. It is unique in that there are many pedestrian-only staircases and lanes.
• Alcatraz: Alcatraz, a small island in the San Francisco Bay has gone from being a lighthouse to a military fortification, to a military prison followed by a federal prison until 1963. It is now a historical site and recreation center.
• Coit Tower: Coit Tower stands atop Telegraph Hill. It is made of reinforced concrete and is home to many fresco murals. It is a must see if you visit San Francisco.
• Bay Bridge and San Francisco Bay: The Bay Bridge is a multi-level toll bridge that spans San Francisco Bay and links the cities of Oakland and San Francisco. The San Francisco Bay is a beautiful part of the Pacific Coast that plays a large role in the lives of the residents of San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose.
• Lombard Street: Lombard Street is known as the “crookedest” street in the world!
• Telegraph Hill: Telegraph Hill is a small neighborhood atop a hill. It is a quiet escape from the busy streets of San Francisco.
• St. Peter and Paul Church: St. Peter and Paul Church is a Roman Catholic church, directly across from Washington Square Park.
• Washington Square Park: Washington Square Park is a lovely park near San Francisco’s North Beach. The square, a refreshing green space is surrounded by restaurants.
• Pier 39: A busy marketplace, Pier 39 has 12 Bay view restaurants and over 110 stores. There is an amusement park featuring a hand-painted carrousel and street performers.
• Historic Wharf Fishing Fleet: Fisherman’s Wharf is a neighborhood that is a popular venue for events as well as having great shopping and restaurants. Hundreds of vintage Monterey Hull boats that are still in use as fishing vessels can be seen docked at the wharf.
Some of San Francisco's 350 hidden stairways and pedestrian-only lanes
The tour ends at the starting point, where you will be dropped off.
Riders must be 12 years and above, guests below 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Rider must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without assistance, which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending stairs without any assistance or use of a handrail. Rider must be able to operate the steering control with his or her left hand. Any concerns about mobility issues please call to discuss
Rider must weigh between 100 and 250 pounds(46 to 115 kilos).
You need to sign a liability waiver
You need to complete the Segway rider training and test ride
Pregnant women will not be permitted to participate
Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled tour time to check in and start your tour and training on time! If you arrive late we will NOT let you join a tour group that has already started training - Safety and complete training for all of our guests are our 1st priority
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details
This tour requires a minimum of 4 people. If this number is not reached on your chosen tour date every effort will be made to move you to another date, should this not be possible you will be offered a full refund.
All Guests on this advanced tour must have taken a 2+ hour Segway Tour on a newer version of the Segway i2 with lean steer. Our tours or a full 2+ hour tour in another city in the last 12 months will qualify you. A five minute test ride or tours the older version ( non moving handlebar design) of the Segway do not qualify. All members of your group must have the minimum experience. The tour time includes 15-20 minutes refresher training before we head out on the route.
Voucher information: No need to print! If you are travelling with a smartphone or tablet you can present your voucher on your device for this activity.
From mystical waterfalls to tranquil lakes, you’ll love a cheeky paddle at these watering holes.
Forget fairy tales, real life is where it’s at with these swoon-worthy sites on the agenda.
Accessible only by boat or strenuous hike, these hostels fall far beyond the typical tourist's radar.