Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & SundayDuration
3 hoursStart time
From Cental Rome hotels (within the Aurelian Walls) between 7:00pm and 7:40pm.
(Please advise your hotel at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 24 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details.)
If you are not staying in central Rome the tour also starts from Via G. Amendola 32 at 8:00pm.
You will be dropped in the vicinity of your hotel or Via G. Amendola 32.
The imposing Colosseum comes to life with the valour and glory of the gladiators who fought bloody battles in the arena. The Arch of Constantine stands witness to the triumphant victory of Constantine over Maxentius and the ruins at the Roman Forum speak volumes about the Roman way of life. The beautifully sculpted Trevi Fountain and the Fountain of the Four Rivers radiate brilliance at night. For a feel of bustling city life, the Navona and Popolo squares are just ideal.
Sumptuous Roman cuisine at a local restaurant adds to the delight of the evening. Do not miss this unique experience while in Rome.
You will be picked up from your centrally located hotel at 7:00pm. Travel by coach to see the popular attractions of Rome by night.
Drive past some of Rome’s most famous attractions which are wonderfully illiuminated after dark. Some of the building and monuments you will see are:
• The Fountain of the Naiads. An intricately carved fountain with has four beautiful reclining nymphs at the centre.
• The Roman Forum: This area, now in ruins, was the central area around which ancient Rome developed. The ruins feature a statue of Caesar along with other monuments and buildings.
• The Colosseum: This is one of the best recognised landmarks of Rome. The Colosseum, now in ruins, is an ancient Roman amphitheatre that was used for gladiatorial contests and public spectacles.
• The Castel Sant’ Angelo: Originally the mausoleum of Emperor Hadrian, it was converted into a fortress for the Popes in the 6th century AD. It was named by Pope Gregory the Great after he saw a vision of an angel above the structure which was taken to herald the end of the plague in Rome.
• Trevi Fountain: A beautiful fountain built in the Baroque style with sculpted figures. You will stop here and can join in the tradition of throwing in a coin for good luck.
• Piazza del Popolo: The Piazza lies inside the northern gate in the Aurelian Walls, and was for centuries, a place for public executions. In neoclassical style, the piazza has an Egyptian obelisk of Rameses II in its centre. The piazza is also notable for its magnificent fountains.
• Piazza Navona: Stop in the heart of the lively square to see Bernini’s beautiful fountain of the Four Rivers.
After the coach tour, you will be taken to a traditional Roman restaurant with dinner nearby. Enjoy a three course dinner with drinks.
After dinner, you will be dropped in the vicinity of your hotel or Via G. Amendola 32.
Please call the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour to confirm the departure details.
Hotel pick up available from hotels within the Aurelian Walls.
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have.
tour was very nice, the food was divine, we really enjoy it...
Was a good way to experience Rome....
Unusual concoctions, unbelievable vistas and impossible dexterity!
Discovering life after Uber