4 hours (approx)Start time
English-speaking guide: 1330h (01:30pm)
German-speaking guide: 1015h (10:15am)
Duration: 4 hours (approx)
Please arrive at our ticket office, located at 56 Wenceslas Square (Vaclavske namesti 56). (Metro stop Muzeum, red or green line).
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
The tour concludes at the Prague Castle.
Arrive at the Wenceslas Square where you’ll be met by your guide for a 4-hour tour of Prague. On this tour of Prague, you will cover the following districts: the New Town, the Old Town, the Jewish Quarter, Lesser Town, and the Prague Castle District. Begin the tour with a walk around the New Town area, where you’ll see:
• The Wenceslas Square: This 750 metre long and 60 metre wide boulevard that makes up the Square was laid out over 600 years ago during the reign of Charles IV.
• The National Museum dominates the top of Wenceslas Square. It is the monumental neo-renaissance building, the National Museum. It was designed by Josef Schultz and is the largest and oldest Czech museum.
• The Estates Theatre in Prague is one of the most beautiful historical theatres in Europe. The Estates Theatre is linked with Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, the musical genius whose fortunes of life, art inspirations and work had such a dramatic impact on the city of Prague.
• The Old Town Square with its ancient buildings and magnificent churches, is one of the most beautiful historical sights in Europe. Dating back to the late 12th century, the Old Town Square started life as the central marketplace for Prague.
• The Astronomical Clock is the oldest and most celebrated clock is on the side wall of the Old Town Hall. With glittering hands and a complex series of filigreed wheels, this ornamental timepiece is worth seeing.
• Tyn Church: The Church of Our Lady Before Tyn was built in 1385. The spires of this powerful looking Gothic church can be seen from all over Prague.
• Visit the stunning St. Nicholas Church at the Old Town Square. It was designed by Kilian Ignaz Dientzenhofer and completed in 1735.
• The Klementinum was the centre of Jesuit activities in Prague from 1653 until the mid-18th century. The complex was continually expanded over this period and finally completed in 1726, in time for Mozart to perform in the ornate, Baroque Chapel of Mirrors.
• Synagogues of the Jewish Ghetto - explore the synagogues, the cemetery and the streets of the former Jewish Ghetto. You will also visit the Jewish Town Hall and the Old Jewish Cemetery.
• Proceed towards the Charles Bridge, a Gothic stone bridge that connects the Old Town and Malá Strana. Enjoy fairytale views of the Prague skyline, dominated by the magnificent Prague Castle.
• After crossing the bridge, enjoy a refreshment break at one of Prague’s classic cafés (refreshmenta are not included in the tour price.)
• Hop on a tram as you glide past more of Prague’s iconic landmarks such as the Lesser Town, Loretto Church, Strahov Monastery, Hradcany Town, Prague Castle and much more…
• Explore the Prague Castle, one of the largest medieval castle complexes in Europe. The Prague Castle complex consists of Saint Vitus Cathedral (Prague's most recognisable landmark), several palaces, viewing towers, art galleries, a monastery, Golden Lane and St. George's Basilica; the latter being a nice venue for early evening classical concerts.
The tour concludes at the Prague Castle.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour to reconfirm departure details.
Excellent guide (Jana) - very knowledgeable and extremely helpful/patient with my husband's struggle with walking (knee injury). We were shown the key sights as well as many...L Thompson
Our guide was a young man who was very knowledgeable about the city and who was very keen to please. The tour lasted four hours and was conducted at a leisurely pace. The day we...Mrs N S Parker
The walking tour was very interesting and the young guide was very efficient and spoke English clearly. Well done Carol...Josephine Caruana