Daily except Sunday & MondayDuration
3 hoursStart time
01 Mar - 31 Oct: 1930h (7:30pm)
01 Nov - 28 Feb: 1800h (6:00pm)
Duration: 3 hours
Provided at confirmation
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
The tour ends at the starting point
Glide effortlessly along the River Seine in the glow of sunset and see the magnificent buildings and monuments stunningly illuminated. You will soon see why Paris is called the 'City of Lights'!
The Segway personal transporter is a whole lot of fun and takes all the hard work out of sightseeing. Your route starts at Place de la Concorde and includes views of the Louvre, Palais Royal, Opera Garnier, the fabulous Ritz Hotel and Place Vendome, home to the greatest jewellers in the world.
As you travel, you’ll receive a great orientation, informative historical and current-day information, heaps of unique and fascinating stories, and superb personal service from your guide. This is an experience you'll want to repeat again and again!
Private tours for groups are also available (four people and above).
Join the delightful Seine Riverbanks Paris Segway Tour and discover the beauty and romance of Paris at dusk. It's an experience you'll never forget.
A Segway is a two-wheeled self-balancing personal transportation device designed to go anywhere that people can go. It’s easy to use and a great way to get about town. Before the tour starts you will be issued with your Segway and a safety helmet and will have a 15-minute training session to get used to the machine.
During the tour, you will follow carefully planned routes, spending most of the time in parks, bike lanes and large sidewalks. So you won't have to worry about traffic!
As you roll effortlessly along, your knowledgeable guide will tell you all kinds of fascinating stories about the places you see.
Your route starts at Place de la Concorde and follows the River Seine. Famous monuments and landmarks on the way include:
• Place de la Concorde: The largest square in Paris, built in the 18th century to hold a statue of Louis XV. Louis' statue was removed during the Revolution and later replaced by an Egyptian Obelisk (the Obelisk of Luxor).
• The Louvre: Former royal palace, home of the Mona Lisa, the most visited museum in the world and one of the largest.
• Pont des Arts: An attractive metal bridge built in the 1980s to replace a damaged 19th century original.
• Hotel de la Monnaie: The Paris Mint, housed in a splendid French neo-classical building.
• Pont Neuf: Translated this means the 'New Bridge' but ironically it's the oldest standing bridge across the Seine.
• La Samaritaine: A famous Paris store.
• Église Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois: When the Louvre was still a royal residence, this was the palace church.
• Palais Royal: A beautiful palace and garden near the Louvre. Famous former residents include Cardinal Richelieu and Henrietta Maria, wife of Charles 1 of England.
• Avenue de l'Opera: This beautiful street runs from the Louvre to the Palais Garnier, which was Paris's main opera until replaced by Opéra Bastille.
• Ritz Hotel: A byword for opulence and one of the most prestigious and luxurious hotels in the world. Patronized by many of the world's wealthiest and most famous people. Couturier Coco Chanel lived here for more than 30 years!
• Place Vendome: France's most prestigious shopping address. Legendary jewelers like Boucheron, Cartier, Chaumet, Mauboussin, Van Cleef and Arpels have shops here.
Your Segway tour lasts 2 hours and 30 minutes and ends back at the starting point.
Please email or send an sms the tour operator at least 72 hours prior to start of the tour to re-confirm. Details in your voucher.
The Segway is not appropriate for pregnant women or children under 12, but is suitable for almost anyone else from 12 up to 70 years of age. However, riders must have complete use of their left hand and the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance. Also, the Segway is not appropriate for those weighing under 100 pounds (45 kilos) or over 250 pounds (113 kilos).
This tour requires a minimum of 4 passengers to operate between (01 Dec - 31 Mar). If you book this tour and the minimum of 4 passengers is not met then you will be given the option to move to another departure date or a full refund will be given.
For your safety you are required to wear closed shoes. No thongs (flip, flops), no sandals and no high heels.
Our Segway guide reserves the right to refuse participation to anyone who, in the guide's opinion, is incapable or unable to safely ride a segway before or during the tour.
Cancellations at the start or during the tour will be charged the full fee.
The advertized route may be subject to change due to circumstances beyond the control of the activity operator
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have.
The eco-friendly Segway Human Transporter is a revolutionary self-balancing, personal transportation device designed to go anywhere people go. Easy to use and operate, the two-wheeled Segway sports high-tech gyroscopes that automatically respond to your body's movements, ‘sensing’ when it should speed up and slow down.
You stand on a small platform between the wheels as you hold onto handlebars at a comfortable waist height. The Segway handles the balancing for you, so that you're always upright as you glide through any environment.
While there are many considerations you’ll have to take when you travel, one that you mustn’t skimp on is your health.
A hub of culture, both old and new, Stockholm invites all types of traveller to its doorstep.
Venture into salt mines, ice caves and fortresses in these storybook surrounds
The post 7 Spellbinding Sights A Stones-Throw Away From Salzburg appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.