Daily except SundayDuration
3½ hoursStart time
01 Apr - 31 Oct: 0800h (08:00am)
01 Nov - 31 Mar: 0930h (09:30am)
Duration: 3½ hours
The tour starts from the Equestrian statue of Cosimo I in SS. Annunziata Square.
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
The tour ends at S.Trinita bridge
Discover Florence with a native Florentine who will teach you how to create beautiful photos in the city where the Renaissance was born.
This specially designed photography tour will help you to discover and experience a city through the eyes of a local photographer.
Your guide/photographer has an in-depth local knowledge, a passion for the city and for the art of photography.
Bring your basic film or digital camera and discover how to use it to make great photos and take home memories of a lifetime! Discover the hidden treasures of Florence though the eyes of world-class photographer. Let each photograph carry your distinctive signature!
Please make your own way to the Equestrian statue of Cosimo I in SS. Annunziata Square. An English-speaking photographer guide will accompany you on this tour.
This private photography tour will take you to the following places:
• SS. Annunziata Square: This is considered one of the most beautiful squares of Florence with its Renaissance lines like the Ospedale degli Innocenti portico designed by Brunelleschi in the beginning of the 15th century.
• San Lorenzo Church: This is one of the best examples of Renaissance in Florence and next to the church is also one of the most popular markets in the town; inside the building you can find a food market and outside clothes and other articles.
• The Duomo (S. Maria del Fiore): The Duomo was began in 1296 by Arnolfo di Cambio on site of the old church of S. Reparata and took 150 years to complete; the enormous dome was designed by Brunelleschi, winner of a public competition, who developed a new building method creating one of the greatest engineering results of all the times which is now one of the symbols of Florence in the world.
• Repubblica Square: This square marks the site of the ancient forum, the core of the original Roman settlement and now home to the most fashionable and expensive cafés like Paszkowsky in Florence and still the centre of the life in the town.
• Orsanmichele: This place has a long story. It was originally a grain market which became a church at the end of the 14th century, after the arcades were closed and two additional stories added; the statues on the exterior represent the work of many Renaissance artists.
• Signoria Square: This square has been the central point of the political life of Florence through the centuries with Palazzo Vecchio, the fortress-like city hall and the huge Fountain of Neptune by Ammannati; the statues like Michelangelo’s David and the ones in the Loggia dei Lanzi make it a fascinating outdoor gallery.
• S. Trinita Bridge: This bridge was built in its elegant curves by Ammannati in 16th century, probably using Michelangelo’s drawings, but was rebuilt in 1952, using again the original stones, after being destroyed during WWII.
At the end of the session your photographer-guide will review some of the photos taken. You will have learnt the basics of composition, the importance of light in photography, how to take balanced and attractive images, and simple techniques to take "creative" images.
The tour ends at the S.Trinita bridge.
Please email or send an sms the tour operator at least 72 hours prior to start of the tour to re-confirm. Details in your voucher.
The route is subject to change based on local conditions
Tour is conducted in rain or shine. In extreme conditions please call the local activity operator
We found Isnago tours all that it said to be. From the time we booked thriugh the internet til we met in person. The tour was a photography tour in Florence /Italy. We were given...c alderton