Daily except SundayDuration
3 hours 30 minutesStart time
01 Apr - 31 Oct: 0800h (08:00am)
01 Nov - 31 Mar: 0930h (09:30am)
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
The tour starts in front of the main door of A-lAzhar Mosque, in the El Hussein (Khan Al Khalili) district.
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
The tour ends at The Northern Gates to Islamic Cairo
This specially designed photography tour will help you discover and experience the city through the eyes of a local photographer. Don’t miss out this chance to hone your photography skills.
Capture some of Cairo’s most enduring landmarks on camera and preserve magical memories of your excursion.
The tour starts in front of the main door of Al-Azhar Mosque, in the El Hussein (Khan Al Khalili) district. Your multilingual photographer/guide, will meet you at the tour’s starting point.
Discover the ancient winding city streets of Cairo, Egypt, the cradle of civilization. Take a tour of Islamic Cairo visiting historic Fatimid era gateways to the old city as well as mosques, houses, and palaces while passing through local markets including the famous Souq Khan al Khalili and ending at the Northern Gates.
Take photographs of:
• Cairo's three enduring ramparts: Bab Al-Nasr (Gate of Victoriy), Bab Al-Futuh (Gate of Conquests), and Bab Al-Zuwayla.
• Street of the tentmakers: This is Cairo's only remaining medieval covered market.
• Souq Khan Al-Khalili: This giant souk or outdoor market, is the most famous and visited tourist market in Egypt, selling everything from jewellery to clothes.
• Al-Azhar Mosque: This is one of the oldest mosques in Cairo and architecturally, the mosque is a palimpsest of all styles and influences that have passed through Egypt.
• Mosque of Al Hakim: The El-Hakim or Al-Hakim is the second largest Fatimid mosque in Cairo.
• Bayt- al-Suhaymi: The Bayt Al-Suhaymi (traditional family mansion) is an excellent example of a private, though wealthy, Egyptian home of the 17th century, and shows most of the features which made living in Cairo's arid climate tolerable in prior ages.
• The remains of Beshtak Palace: The Beshtak Palace is a notable stop for tourists because of its museum which documents the history of the city of Cairo, and its beautiful Qaa (chamber). On the outside, this palace has unusual windows. The second floor chamber, with its pointed arches, stained-glass windows and gilt and painted wood panelling, distinguish it as one of the most beautiful private chambers of the period.
The tour ends at the Northern Gates to Islamic Cairo.
Please email or send an sms the tour operator at least 72 hours prior to start of the tour to re-confirm. Details in your voucher.
Please carry your camera, spare film rolls and batteries.
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have.
Not everyone would want to take a tour of the world’s best theme parks. But, for those that enjoy a good roller coaster, such as myself, there exists a nagging curiosity about international amusement parks. What are they like? Will I see the same characters? Do they have different rides? Well, let’s get those questions … Continue reading "Take A Fantasy Tour Of The World’s Best Theme Parks"
The post Take A Fantasy Tour Of The World’s Best Theme Parks appeared first on The Guidebook - isango!.
Having a splash in Dubai
Isango is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’. Think of us as your gateway to the world.
“Isango” is the Zulu word for ‘gateway’; think of us as your gateway to the world.isango! is a specialist retailer of tours, experiences and attraction tickets. We work across 300+ destinations with more than 10,000 experiences to choose from. Working alongside the best local operators from around the world, we curate travel content, products and services, ensuring our customers are well informed and easily able to choose the right experience for them. We deliver only the best to our customers, with all isango! products handpicked by our expert travel team.Love Orlando Tickets Paris Magic Moments Continue reading